• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

contractors license

kid rok

I finally got mine today. It's a pretty hard test or atleast for me it was. 1st time I took it I thought it was more of a general knowledge test. Nope it had real questions. Second time I took it pasted the code section, and ran out of time on the state law portion. There were 50 ?s had 15 more to answer, out of time and made a 68. Today it was all pass for me. I talked to another guy who took it and he said he's been building for 32 yrs took the online class study guide and failed both test. He's not a happy unlicensed contractor. One question on my test was :what is OSHA's requirement on clearance on the sides and back for a portable radiant heater in a enclosed room. Try to find that in their big ass book.
So, now all I need is some work. :dunno:

I'm sure the Georgia test is different than Miss. Ours was tough as well.. Took it about 4 years ago. It was based on International Code Council(ICC).

Our test is open book. I think we had 8 books that questions were pulled out of.
What states does Mississippi reciprocate with?
Georgia is kind of behind with the license stuff. When they first decided to make all contractors licensed you couldn't be grandfathered in. Then they decided ( enough old timers griped) that they would let you become grandfathered, but you had untill a certain date to turn in all your info. All this was kinda hush hush and the contractors that were not in the loop missed out. With that being the case it is safe to say that their is still alot of unqualified licensed builders around. The surronding states have reciprocating licenssing that allow you to get your license in their state by just taking the state portion. Their not letting Georgia be apart of their programs because of the grandfather clause issue.

The test that I took was open book as well but was only based on ICC (one book). I'm not sure who we reciprocate with... Luckily, Ive had enough local work that I haven't had to go out of state. (Knock on Wood) I do know that at one time we had a grandfather clause, but not sure about now.

How about the modulus elasticity of a southern yellow pine and a sitka spruce? :wtflol: Yah, I nailed that one. Got me a 87 and a bright shiny new sheriffs badge. :woot: Had some dumbass next to me tell me it was 6th time taking it. He tried to copy everything off my test including my name, gee ya think the test might not be the same? What a dumbass. :dunno: By the way, this test does not mean ****, you can be a brain surgeon and not know the difference between a 2x4 and a evaporator coil. :****:

How about the modulus elasticity of a southern yellow pine and a sitka spruce

What grade lumber and dimension and what's the live load? Flat or slope ceiling? Is this for an interior of exterior ceiling or floor. Whats the roof covering and the spacing of the ceiling members. Oh I will also need to know what your using on the interior ceiling, if its gypsum or some other building material.
thumb.gif

kid rok said:
What grade lumber and dimension and what's the live load? Flat or slope ceiling? Is this for an interior of exterior ceiling or floor. Whats the roof covering and the spacing of the ceiling members. Oh I will also need to know what your using on the interior ceiling, if its gypsum or some other building material.
thumb.gif

Grade II-2x10, 40 lb/ sq ft live load with a 12/12 roof line using 32 ft 2x6 Douglas fir rafters w/ 2x12 ridge and hipped side slopes, oh and painted green. uh oh :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: