• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coops samurai buggy build adventure

yeah i redid the suspension, most of the frame, and the tube work so that it wasnt so high and square. it wheels great now and is very reliable, but he doesnt get out with it much since i sold my buggy. but hes holdin on to it til i get my next one done, could be awile though.

yeah i redid the suspension, most of the frame, and the tube work so that it wasnt so high and square. it wheels great now and is very reliable, but he doesnt get out with it much since i sold my buggy. but hes holdin on to it til i get my next one done, could be awile though.

Get your azz busy in the shop and build one...

Ok... Looking for some advise here.. I was looking at ordering my link material.. Unfortunatly 1.5" 1/4" wall tubing is out of stock everywere around here and would be special order which makes the price outrageous..

Ive been doing a little reading.. Would 1.25" .120 wall with 1.5" .120 wall sleeved over it be as good? Seems that alot of people disagree on the issue??

Some say its actually better cause it has a little give before it would actually bend.

Im only running 65hp with a rig that weighs in at prob 2200lbs..

Anyone done this with good or bad results?

Worked away this weekend..

Got the rear winch mounted, drivers seat into place, and more tubework done...

img1262570334560.jpg

img1262570414988.jpg

img1262570474272.jpg

img1262570531359.jpg

The heims and links should have came in last week but they got sent to the wrong address so now hopefully this week they should come in????

Its just that the 3rd is taken out and the axles are just floating in there waking the wheels a little outa wack..

Its just that the 3rd is taken out and the axles are just floating in there waking the wheels a little outa wack..

:awesomework:

Also, nice build! I like the goal weight.

"That horsepower to weight ratio says your ****ed pal." -Johnny Ricer

:redneck:

:awesomework:

Also, nice build! I like the goal weight.

"That horsepower to weight ratio says your ****ed pal." -Johnny Ricer

:redneck:

Gracias!!

Well my rod ends, weld in bungs, and misalignment spacers finally came in so I can finally get back to work..
After a LOOOONG two days of work I managed to get the rear end pretty much done..

img1263708731224.jpg

img1263708475581.jpg

img1263708517262.jpg

img1263708567419.jpg

img1263708786632.jpg

img1263708829936.jpg

img1263709183157.jpg

Im pretty happy with how it all turned out considering it's my first attempt at a 4 link..

I ended up using 1 1/4" .120 tube with 1 1/4" schedule 80 pipe sleeved over it... It was a great fit and ended up being almost 3/8" wall..
I should have the 18" sway-a-ways by next week.. I cant wait!!

Is that winch the ones from harbor freight?

My dad just picked up a 2000lb winch from harbor freight that looks similar, its kind of cool its got a wireless remote that kind of looks like a car alarm remote. We are just using it for our car trailer though :redneck:

Is that winch the ones from harbor freight?

My dad just picked up a 2000lb winch from harbor freight that looks similar, its kind of cool its got a wireless remote that kind of looks like a car alarm remote. We are just using it for our car trailer though :redneck:

Thats the one.. I just rewired it to run without the remote...

and also maybe a change of heart???

What about this for link material????

1 1/2" solid round aluminum?

http://www.onlinemetalstore.com/items/6061_Aluminum_Round_Bar.cfm?item_id=138&size_no=16

Coop its Jeff the guy that has your old toyota...wait till you see whats been done to it, I will send you some pics...