• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 300 vs toy tcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fullywrecked said:
As for the internals on a toy case, how many have you seen exploded? I have never seen one broke.....even behind v8's.
I am going to call you on this one, as the output shaft on a Toy t-case has been broken lots of times by people that wheel hard. Thats why they have 23 spline, or cryo'ed 21 spline shafts for sale. Upgrade the outputs on a 300 and you are at 32 spline. You do the math on which is stronger. If the Toyota case was the answer wouldnt you think all the hardcore boys would be running them?:stirpot:

PORTER said:
I am going to call you on this one, as the output shaft on a Toy t-case has been broken lots of times by people that wheel hard. Thats why they have 23 spline, or cryo'ed 21 spline shafts for sale. Upgrade the outputs on a 300 and you are at 32 spline. You do the math on which is stronger. If the Toyota case was the answer wouldnt you think all the hardcore boys would be running them?:stirpot:

well actually the out puts don't brake very often even marlin was impressed I broke mine with a four banger but the inputs are the 21 and 23 spline and the output is 27 I belive the 300s are about the same stock

stompinjab1 said:
well actually the out puts don't brake very often even marlin was impressed I broke mine with a four banger but the inputs are the 21 and 23 spline and the output is 27 I belive the 300s are about the same stock
Stock for stock, its a very close race. BUT when **** breaks, and you upgrade the Dana 300 is the tougher case. I dont think anybody will argue that. Well maybe Fullywrecked will.:stirpot: :flipoff:

Oh the Toyota lover's, Put you're toyota case in say.... any hardcore rig that's not 22r powered, it's an oddball case compared to every other case in the world, and pretty much any rig with a tire of more than 37" will eventually laugh at the little 27 spline outputs or some other part in the case. Then what? bolt in another or bolt in a 300 with 32 spline outputs and have front dig capabilities. I'll go with the 300. Even if internally they are equal in strength I've personally never heard of a 300 case breaking as I have heard of Toyotas. I understand doing a 300 isn't for everybody, but that doesn't make for argument that a 300 with a few mod's isn't lightyear's better than a toyota. Afterall Toyota owner's are hard headed cheapasses for the most part, I would know I was one once. Just cause you can't afford it doesn't mean it suck's:flipoff:

darius said:
Oh the Toyota lover's, Put you're toyota case in say.... any hardcore rig that's not 22r powered, it's an oddball case compared to every other case in the world, and pretty much any rig with a tire of more than 37" will eventually laugh at the little 27 spline outputs or some other part in the case. Then what? bolt in another or bolt in a 300 with 32 spline outputs and have front dig capabilities. I'll go with the 300. Even if internally they are equal in strength I've personally never heard of a 300 case breaking as I have heard of Toyotas. I understand doing a 300 isn't for everybody, but that doesn't make for argument that a 300 with a few mod's isn't lightyear's better than a toyota. Afterall Toyota owner's are hard headed cheapasses for the most part, I would know I was one once. Just cause you can't afford it doesn't mean it suck's:flipoff:

It's not all about money or being a cheapass it also depends on what you've had good luck with and about the 37 or bigger it took 4 years with dual cases a 4.7 and 39.5 tsls and then into the new buggy with 42s before I broke my output and now still runnin stock output. So as far as needing a 300 I don't need it my terd works great with out it and if it is beeing cheep why would you even run a junk 300 just buck up for an atlas. Cheapass :flipoff:

stompinjab1 said:
It's not all about money or being a cheapass it also depends on what you've had good luck with and about the 37 or bigger it took 4 years with dual cases a 4.7 and 39.5 tsls and then into the new buggy with 42s before I broke my output and now still runnin stock output. So as far as needing a 300 I don't need it my terd works great with out it and if it is beeing cheep why would you even run a junk 300 just buck up for an atlas. Cheapass :flipoff:

Must drive like a *****:flipoff: 27 spline is 27 spline, it's not like the Toyota case is an extra super strong output or something. You broke one and replaced it with another turd, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happen's again...... cheapass:kissmyass: Like I said, don't knock it till you try it.

BTW, a 300 isn't being a cheapass, it still cost's about 5 times or better what you're toy case cost's, but an Atlas is just a little too rich for my blood.

darius said:
Must drive like a *****:flipoff: 27 spline is 27 spline, it's not like the Toyota case is an extra super strong output or something. You broke one and replaced it with another turd, it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happen's again...... cheapass:kissmyass: Like I said, don't knock it till you try it.

BTW, a 300 isn't being a cheapass, it still cost's about 5 times or better what you're toy case cost's, but an Atlas is just a little too rich for my blood.

No dumbass I don't drive like you:flipoff: if you would like to have your ass handed to you come play some time and putting the stock shaft back in was because they didnt offer the 4340 when I broke it and as far as cost I have about 900 into the back case without the dual adapter not that the price matters

stompinjab1 said:
No I don't drive like you dumbass anytime you would like to try and keep up with me feel free to sit back and get your ass handed to you:flipoff: I think if you are willing to put that much into a 300 to make it that strong at that point you just get an atlas and I don't think toy or 300 cases are that great but in a 2600lb rig it works great

In all honesty if you had a dana 300/atlas you would be laughing at why you ever ran a toy case. I was there once myself..

I don't think the 4.1 gears are as strong in the 300 but I do like the front wheel drive I'm useing the trail tough disconect and it held up the drive line yoke broke before anything else and you got to admit the 84 and up yokes are quite strong

stompinjab1 said:
No dumbass I don't drive like you:flipoff: if you would like to have your ass handed to you come play some time and putting the stock shaft back in was because they didnt offer the 4340 when I broke it and as far as cost I have about 900 into the back case without the dual adapter not that the price matters

I've seen you're junk, it's not that cool:puke: not that I am one to speak for about 2 more month's:wtf: anyway's, you must be right everybody with dana 300's, stompinjab say's toy cases are better so hurry and switch one into you're rig's. Oh yeah and get the trailtough disconnect too, he say's that combo is superior:flipoff:

Oh yeah ditch you're 60's too, Toyota axles are stronger.

Last edited:
darius said:
I've seen you're junk, it's not that cool:puke: not that I am one to speak for about 2 more month's:wtf: anyway's, you must be right everybody with dana 300's, stompinjab say's toy cases are better so hurry and switch one into you're rig's. Oh yeah and get the trailtough disconnect too, he say's that combo is superior:flipoff:

Oh yeah ditch you're 60's too, Toyota axles are stronger.

Ya thats what I said you retard I said an atlas is superior and I just said it works for me and my junk you get your terd together and we will see what you have to say just like I shut your stupid ass up about the three link on my old sami and the rear steer it did'nt have do not let your shop bitch I-Q over ride your dumb ass:flipoff:

dude, I forgot all about that, and you're wishbone 3 link is like the super bestest suspension in the world too.... not:flipoff: kinda hard to have rear steer with bearing end's welded to the tubes(get you're terminology right smart guy) I already told everybody that you would know better than anybody else on this board what is best. Calling my soon to be rig a turd is calling Jason's rig a turd, once again you must know all, so you must be right about that too. I never said anything about camparing an Atlas to a toyota case, cause that would be the obvious. I know you said that the atlas was superior, but deep down inside do you really feel that you're toyota case might still be better by a little??? I said from the start that toyota may be suiting for people, but don't argue it's best, just cause it's not for you. Good for you that you have $900 into polishing that turd, like you said to me, why don't you buck up and buy an Atlas yourself rich man. And about the shop bitch IQ getting in the way thing, I can't tell you how many times I've heard that since I've been working there, I think it's something to do with people not being able to come up with anything else, so why not, I'll just call him the shop bitch. Way to be origional. Oh yeah and the wheeling thing, talk is cheap, bring it.

Dont let this get out of hand guys. Keep it cooooool like Darius!:flipoff: :haha:

You are very funny thanks for the laugh don't get all but hurt you can bring that rig or what ever I'll be at moon rocks or funny on sunday come wheel it won't be the first or last time it's out climbed an S&N rig even with the crap TSLs:stirpot:

stompinjab1 said:
You are very funny thanks for the laugh don't get all but hurt you can bring that rig or what ever I'll be at moon rocks or funny on sunday come wheel it won't be the first or last time it's out climbed an S&N rig even with the crap TSLs:stirpot:

:super: :super: If I thought I needed front drive only I would step up and do an atlas or being cheap a 205 is a better choice than a D300 IMHO.

stompinjab1 said:

Well to be honest, I think the only one butthurt was you I didn't call any names or directly make any fun, so the jokes on you dude. I will be at reiter saturday and moonrock's sunday.

I'll be in one of the two, and I promise you won't outclimb either, and they've got those crap ass Maxxis tires

tom10.jpg

bd7ea159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.