• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 300 vs toy tcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
darius said:
Well to be honest, I think the only one butthurt was you I didn't call any names or directly make any fun, so the jokes on you dude. I will be at reiter saturday and moonrock's sunday.

I'll be in one of the two, and I promise you won't outclimb either, and they've got those crap ass Maxxis tires

Ya mabey not those two but you don't own either so I'm not to worried bout them but I'll still see you up there

My D300 with Teralow 4:1 and AA 32 spline output sucked. It blew up on the first time out. I dont know if it was just my setup or what but it seems a tooth broke off the rear low gear wedged between the gears and forced my rear output to split the case in half. I now have a broken D300, broken 4:1 gearset and broken HD rear output from one event. The good thing is the twin sticks survived. Ive never had a problem with my old ultimate crawler setup.

Your best bet is to go with 203/205 doubler. I have one in my early bronco. It is nice with triple sticks. I wish they had the lowmax gears for my driver side Ford 205. The chevy Lowmax 205 3:1 box is out and has front high, low or double low capability. very strong.

Attachments

• STA60021.JPG
    STA60021.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 98
  • STA60022.JPG
    STA60022.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Well, mark this one in time... I'm wrong, but judging by you're name brocBRONC it was probably in a Bronco which is a heavy trud, and it probably had real big tires and v8 power. Never said 300's didn't break, hell the 300 that's going into my buggy has a broken 4-1 that I need to fix before it goes in. Pointless argument at this point though. No their not mine, I spot in WE rock for the guy's that own's then. **** that guy is 80k into buggies in the past 6 month's, you bet you're ass I don't own either. That's one of the perk's of being the shop bitch, a buggy at very little cost.:cheer:

darius said:
Well, No their not mine, I spot in WE rock for the guy's that own's then. **** that guy is 80k into buggies in the past 6 month's, you bet you're ass I don't own either. That's one of the perk's of being the shop bitch, a buggy at very little cost.:cheer:

Ya I know what you meen mine was a good price when we built it too

Attachments

• squirrel18.jpg
    squirrel18.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 111
Actually the Dana 300 was in an 87 YJ with TBI350/T18/D300 and locked 1 tons. Tires were only 38.5 SXs. My Dana 300 was from a 1980 ScoutII very rare box that broke. It has the same pattern as the Jeep D20 box. I now have a Dana 20 box with 32 spline output D18 lower gears. Everything around it has broken so far but not the tcase. I even broke the rear Dana 70 yoke and driveshaft but the D20 survived and at that time it didnt have the heavy duty outputs.

My early bronco has 203/205 doubler behind 93 cobra/NP435 with locked 1 tons and I havent had any issues. 4 links front and rear also helps to save the tcase.

stompinjab1 said:
Ya thats my turd

Really, I remember back in the 3 link thread you had something different. I talked to you over in Goldendale a little bit, How are you such a **** on the internet:flipoff: and the nicest guy in the world in person. we followed you on day 1 in goldendale in the red and silver buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.