• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Funding:

boardbysled

Tree Nerd.
Lets say DNR Recreation doesn't recieve the funding it needs (whether it be NOVA funds, Federal Funds, or The Pass after this fiscal year? (I think thats the correct term)

What does this mean? Does it mean there will be no funding for any recreation? IE: DNR Recreation would start liquidating it's assets? DNR Rec. would shut down its current operations? (trails, parks, campgrounds, etc) What about enforement funding? Would that dry up?

I guess I am just not smart enough to connect the dots?:scratchhead:

Lets say DNR Recreation doesn't recieve the funding it needs (whether it be NOVA funds, Federal Funds, or The Pass after this fiscal year? (I think thats the correct term)

What does this mean? Does it mean there will be no funding for any recreation? IE: DNR Recreation would start liquidating it's assets? DNR Rec. would shut down its current operations? (trails, parks, campgrounds, etc) What about enforement funding? Would that dry up?

I guess I am just not smart enough to connect the dots?:scratchhead:

The dots are gates. This came from Mark Mauren this evening. If there is no money nothing will get built and gates will go up.

I'll give the worst case scenario in 2 words: Hit list. There will be (there is) a hit list of recreation sites that, if they can not internally self fund, they will be closed and gated.

It's that ****ing serious.

Mhmmmm... what I feared....

What started this thread was the Reiter Updates thread, but I didn't want that to get mucked up with other area stuff.

Ok, so we are saying that Walker, Harold Osbourne(horses), Mt.Si, Tiger Mountain, that Elbe, that Tahuya, that Ahtitum(sp?), that Sadie Creek will all get gated up/shut down? That the Yacolt Burn and Reiter projects will be mothballed?

The reality of all this is almost more than I can bear. Literally the ORV community (****, even the poor greenies) are at a point of make-or-break.

There will be some s-h-i-t going down.....soon!

Last edited:
Whens the next legistlative session? Do you guys think that they will be able to push this bill through the house, senate, and goveneor fast enough? Will the funding come quick enough to save the area's?

Fawk, the more and more I look at this, the more and more fawked it is.:mad:

And as always, I ask questions better than I provide answers.:redneck:

I would recommend anyone who has questions about how these funding issues would pan out to attend the next Reiter focus group meeting and ask for yourself. Tonight Mark Mauren was there and he's the DNR recreation guy who knows all of the details or at least as much as anyone knows. We can read this **** on the net every day but when you hear it straight from the horses mouth it really starts to sink in.
Given all of this worst case is Reiter would be done and maybe other areas as well. I see it as a new start. For what exactly it's hard to say.:;

Nobody knows.

I would say go to the near future WOHVA Rally at the state capitol and show support of the ORV community needing money.......I just don't think there is any money to give.

We're bums asking other bums for change........don't matter how many times you ask or how loud you insist. There's no money for our insignificant segment of government. Recreation is not high on the list.......and really, should it be? There are more pressing matters.

I don't know......we're ****ed.:rb:

We're bums asking other bums for change........don't matter how many times you ask or how loud you insist. There's no money for our insignificant segment of government. Recreation is not high on the list.......and really, should it be? There are more pressing matters.

I don't know......we're ****ed.:rb:

Ain't that the truth... the one thing that irks me is NOVA. It was supposed to be our way to being self-sustaining. Thats what irks me about this forest pass -- it won't be for us, it'll be shared. then I'll love to see what happens when our funds gets moved to state parks or something ridiculous like that.

While the forest pass is DNRs proposed solution (and thus needed) to keep recreation open, I support it. But I don't have much faith that it will be used to open up any new lands, and may still not allow all of our current places to stay open.

In short it sucks.

In long, I can't wait for all hell to break loose. Without funding, it opens up the legitimacy of grey-legal dispersed wheeling. When DNR claims foul, we can respond by saying that nothing is open, and thus its not fair to close off land for public use. With no funding for enforcement, they won't be able to do much, and will be forced to sign agreements with us, similar to what they've done with BCH, WT, and other mechanized and non-motorized groups.

I will continue to NOT buy tabs and wheel where the **** ever I want.

If I get **** on, I **** back. We have been getting **** on for awhile now and you guys are just now getting this?

Wake the **** up and quit giving them ANY money for anything.

We take care of ourselves and the trails and they just sit around and WASTE money.

**** THEM.

Close alll the **** up so I dont have to follow trail slugs and nerds anymore.:beer:

Hey, "I gotta a great idear, lets give them more money, they just need a 55th chance to get it right"

Itll work this time, I thinks??

Ain't that the truth...

Some of your facts aren't right (up-to-date) and are misleading. No biggie, **** changes all the time. It's hard to keep up.

But the petty minutia aside, I think the whole "they took our NOVA funds" thing will be dropped when Walker and Elbe suffer reduced services/closures.

The next few years are gonna be tough.

Some of your facts aren't right (up-to-date) and are misleading. No biggie, **** changes all the time. It's hard to keep up.

But the petty minutia aside, I think the whole "they took our NOVA funds" thing will be dropped when Walker and Elbe suffer reduced services/closures.

The next few years are gonna be tough.

Naww.. I live 45 mins from Canuckia, Vedder Mtn, and then some.... :fawkdancesmiley:

This spring/summer is going to be builders paradise. The best wheeling will be this summer. And July 1st will come and go with most of us up here not giving a **** because we gave up a loonnggg time ago. Theres good stuff in Whatcom Co, theres good stuff in Skagit Co.

I can't wait to be sipping a beer, camping out July 4th -- looking at the awesome trail system people have with good friends and great memories. :awesomework:

The question is, are you, the reader going to be participating or sitting at home?

Last edited:
This spring/summer is going to be builders paradise. The best wheeling will be this summer. And July 1st will come and go with most of us up here not giving a **** because we gave up a loonnggg time ago. Theres good stuff in Canada, there is good stuff in Whatcom Co, theres good stuff in Skagit Co.

I feel like such an idiot. Here I thought we were fighting beside each other this whole time. I'm really embarrassed.

Take solace in your area's. Good luck.

I feel like such an idiot. Here I thought we were fighting beside each other this whole time. I'm really embarrassed.

Take solace in your area's. Good luck.

I didn't say that I was building anything... or that I have any areas just saying that its going to be that way. Its a good thing, and that DNR will change its tone when it realizes it needs us to keep things from going out of control.

You know what I'm working on up here (hint: it has nothing to do with building trail, or illegally wheeling). we're on the same side.

I'm excited about dispersed recreation......I am. But loosing the opportunity for "normal wheeling" will be missed. It's alot of work being secretive, and hardworking, trustworthy friends are a rare commodity. There's only a few of us out here.:hi:

It's not over yet though. You just might get to continue to whine about NOVA funds after all.:D:fawkdancesmiley:

I give it a 50/50 shot:awesomework:

You're scared. Well, I'm scared too.

But "we" won't suffer as bad as others.......think about it.

Open your eyes. Im not scared, Im angry.

Scared people run and hide. Angry folks get what they take.

And I dont really give a **** if others suffer.

Il take and you give. You will be the one that suffers.

Im done getting walked/stomped on.