• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Funding:

What's funny (not so) is this funding thing may seem like the only real obstacle right now. Get the funding we asked for and it's home free from there....That's not the case, this is just one big hurdle in a line of many. One missed hurdle and it's over.
The cards really are stacked against us.:booo:

Wait, so you're implying that old reiter wasn't douchbagery building of trails.... but now it is? You can't have it both ways. The trail building process hasn't changed. The impact hasn't changed. So why has the attitude about it changed? I contend that DNR has ALWAYS had the same view from a policy standpoint... they've just come out and started enforcing it in the last few years. Why? because they started convincing wheelers to join their cause. If there was 200 irate wheelers, with NO ONE supporting the new Reiter at the Reiter meeting, I contend we would still be wheeling there today. But DNR figured out how to split the community, effectively putting their position as the one our community officially supports, green lighting the ability to close reiter down.

Thats not what I said. Sure there were trails here and there but the 50 to 100ft corridors of a "trail" is what made the biggest impact. Granted yes guys blasting thru the brush didn't help but the other was more prone to being seen. I didn't go blasting thru the brush and the few trails we did do were more thought out (followed bike trails). I am no saint--nobody here is but I made a choice to work within the legal limits of whats there and will continue to do so/work to try and change the powers that be.

But one thing I will not tolerate is the discussion of illegal activity.

What's funny (not so) is this funding thing may seem like the only real obstacle right now. Get the funding we asked for and it's home free from there....That's not the case, this is just one big hurdle in a line of many. One missed hurdle and it's over.

If we could get past that we would be looking good...

But they are still standing and we have a good chance. But 50/50 means we have a chance. Hell I have played with worse odds than that and won. :awesomework:

There were! The first meeting in Monroe where they said they were closing it down. It still got closed.

While there were 200 irate people, there were another 50 or so who were 'leaders' in the wheeling community were all behind it. RTW, PNW, WOW, etc, etc. DNR got buy in from those who supposedly represent the people at Rieter.

There was no fight after this. People took their ball and went home. None of us really have been fighting at all. And thats why we've lost.

We need to figure out what battles are worth a fight, where our group can have an effect. While funding is worth our support I don't think we have that much of an effect when it comes to the big picture, we're just not that big.

However, we do have an effect on a local level, especially when it comes to keeping lands open. But this requires us to be unified, and not tuck our tails between our legs every time DNR decides to do something detrimental to our hobby.

all this sounds like the old entitlement mentality....
the bad apples could go mess up where ever they want but they would be caught by the man at some point but not on a trail where a club has responsibilities...

rant over....carry on

While there were 200 irate people, there were another 50 or so who were 'leaders' in the wheeling community were all behind it. RTW, PNW, WOW, etc, etc. DNR got buy in from those who supposedly represent the people at Rieter.

There was no fight after this. People took their ball and went home. None of us really have been fighting at all. And thats why we've lost.

We need to figure out what battles are worth a fight, where our group can have an effect. While funding is worth our support I don't think we have that much of an effect when it comes to the big picture, we're just not that big.

However, we do have an effect on a local level, especially when it comes to keeping lands open. But this requires us to be unified, and not tuck our tails between our legs every time DNR decides to do something detrimental to our hobby.

Hmmmmmm how do I answer this............

Please look in the mirror.:awesomework: Thanks for all of the support that you give

I can tell you I won't be a douche bag out breaking the law and making things worse for us....

With all due respect Crash, how can it be worse than having nothing at all? That's like garnishing someone's empty bank account.

I agree Rick, Washington State and all of the tree huggers here have had a hard-on for the ORV community since the dawn of time. Money plays a big role no doubt. But money is nothing more than the map to get you to the door. You still have to have the key to open it.

If the State has no money, enforcement will be minimal, which in turn will result in unauthorized use of lands. Gates? Yeah right, how long do you think they will last? Look at the gate vandalism at Walker and it has a lot of public use. They will never have the manpower to patrol and enforce illegal activity on public lands effectively. Just my 2cents

The fat lady hasn't sang yet but that doesn't mean we can't keep the pressure on them any way we can.

I think the whole point here is the fact that we have, are, and might be losing more if not all "legal" ORV Recreational areas. I understand the impatience that has been created by the bureaucracy. The problem we are now facing is not that we are waiting with baited breath for "new" trails and areas to open like Reiter and Yacolt. We are faced with the real possibility of losing it all. And to add insult to injury, Washington state parks have lost very little if not gained during this fiasco. So people have every right to be totally pissed off. Any consequence of the state action are and will be no fault but their own.

Kinda reminds me of Robin Hood.... they're the Kings Deer and you may not shoot them even if you're starving.But we are going to tax you so we can run the Kingdom, of which you get no perks, goodies or anything but rules and regulations.:rolleyes::booo:

Kinda reminds me of Robin Hood.... they're the Kings Deer and you may not shoot them even if you're starving.But we are going to tax you so we can run the Kingdom, of which you get no perks, goodies or anything but rules and regulations.:rolleyes::booo:

Time that our group consist of more Robin Hoods

Canada is not on board to save the States.:;

I think that only the "hardcores" would be going into Canada (and many of those have gone and are currently going to Canada for a while). Its a lot of work and stress to deal with the currency exchange and the boarders. I have a feeling that if all current DNR 4x4 trails are shut down, that many of the "weekender" guys will get out of the sport.

Another thing is I was thinking about the eastside FS trails. They are going to get hit hard, harder than they are now...

Domino effect?:booo:

Also, we have reached the point of "It's easier to build trails, then go to established trails" point Jakob was making last summer. I know this for a fact...