• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Funding:

Tahuya state forest is Area 4, looking at western hemlock it looks to be about $280 per 1000 board feet. Without getting in to the math to adjust prices for specifics.

So, if you have a log of 20" diameter x 60' you end up with with roughly 1000 board feet. Putting each 60' log at $280.

A lot of those trees are taller than that out there, but even then it's probably only worth $400. THIS year.

Looking back at last half of last year and western hemlock was only $225 per thousand. And the first half was $180.

I guess given those wild swings, the $1,000 per tree figure I remember being told, I guess it was during the housing boom, could have easily been accurate.

I stand corrected on the value of the tree. Even then, at $280 per tree x 10, that's still a civil suit knocking on the door of $3,000.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to hear more about the likelyhood of getting caught and the prosecution process. This whole worse case scenario crap is getting boring.

Care to share more on: 1) The difference between LEO - DNR - Sheriff ordinance enforcement (what can and/or can't they do?). 2) secretly placed camera's (video or flash) and what the purpose would be (vandal, theft, dispersed recreation?) 3) Number of actual officer's on the ground in one day (weekends specifically) 4) placement of those officers and the routine of patrol

Give it to me:tits6:I'm a sexy smurf.

1) I believe the sheriff can do anything enforcement wise, that a DNR or fish and wildlife officer can. Remember that sheriff a while back writing tickets for driving in a fish stream that happened to be over a road at the time? I know the state patrol has jurisdiction as well. Don't know if the reverse is true.

2) If cameras were secretly placed somewhere the purpose would be to catch people doing illegal things. That could include timber theft, illegal brush picking, vandalism, dispersed recreation as you'd like to call it, etc. Basically all of the above.

As for #3 and #4. I'm not going to comment on, I would consider what little I do know sensitive information and sharing it would break the trust and undermine officer's ability to do their job. Hopefully you understand.

Fuk'n fukers! :stirpot:

Last paragraph of HB1539 read on 1/25/11 Dealing with NOVA funds.

The legislature finds that the appropriation of
32 funds from the NOVA account during the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium for
33 maintenance and operation of state parks or to improve accessibility
34 for boaters and off-road vehicle users at state parks will benefit
35 boaters and off-road vehicle users and others who use nonhighway and
36 nonmotorized recreational facilities. The appropriations under this
37 subsection are not required to follow the specific distribution
38 specified in subsection (2) of this section.
p.

I went to the State Parks website and searched for areas with OHV access and found none. 9 mile on the East side was the only one listing ATV's even. What a crock of ****! They're setting themselves up to take it again.:rolleyes:

Fuk'n fukers! :stirpot:

Last paragraph of HB1539 read on 1/25/11 Dealing with NOVA funds.

The legislature finds that the appropriation of
32 funds from the NOVA account during the 2009-2011 fiscal biennium for
33 maintenance and operation of state parks or to improve accessibility
34 for boaters and off-road vehicle users at state parks will benefit
35 boaters and off-road vehicle users and others who use nonhighway and
36 nonmotorized recreational facilities. The appropriations under this
37 subsection are not required to follow the specific distribution
38 specified in subsection (2) of this section.
p.

I went to the State Parks website and searched for areas with OHV access and found none. 9 mile on the East side was the only one listing ATV's even. What a crock of ****! They're setting themselves up to take it again.:rolleyes:

OK before we all get excited, This comment ends in June. Also in this bill is the lift of the gas tax from 23 cents to 37 cents. This just alone is another $8 mil in the pot to distribute between agencies and grants
Let's get this straight. Parks isn't getting the nova account this year. Parks did get cut from the general fund to the sum of $47 mil this year. Parks is also giving up another $28 mil on the ( opt-in ) parks donation when you buy you tabs. So parks is losing 75% of their budget. The NOVA fund is gaining 75% of it

OK before we all get excited, This comment ends in June. Also in this bill is the lift of the gas tax from 23 cents to 37 cents. This just alone is another $8 mil in the pot to distribute between agencies and grants
Let's get this straight. Parks isn't getting the nova account this year. Parks did get cut from the general fund to the sum of $47 mil this year. Parks is also giving up another $28 mil on the ( opt-OUT ) parks donation when you buy you tabs. So parks is losing 75% of their budget. The NOVA fund is gaining 75% of it

Parks isn't getting the nova account this year.

How do you know this? Feeling or fact?

I ask because with a 4.6B shortfall, I forsee them taking money from state parks, and then taking money from NOVA for state parks to help fill the hole, like they did last time.

The way I read it there was no reason to even mention the justified stealing of the NOVA funds for 09'-11' in this draft unless they were keeping their options open to do it again.

We'll have to see and wait. Hopefully Tod will have some updates in the coming weeks. I haven't seen a preliminary budget for 2011-2013 come out yet, that is where we will have a better idea of what we'll get.

cant you guys see there is nothing you can do or say that will help our cause? i really cant belive you all have hope iv been dealing with **** like this for 20 years there is not any hope.why dont you all call all the northwest fishing clubs and such and see how all the shallow lies panned out for them ask them about judge bolt and what he did in the late 70s. just about every question that is on the minds of our fellow wheelers has been on the minds of fishermen for the last 30 years (im not talking commercial fishing). we have tryed plans and propisitions but in the end its a worthless battle in the end you all will be tired and frustrated.when dealing with gov agencies its like the guy thats trying to get in your daughters pants they will tell you exatcly what you want to here to get what they want. cant you see if reiter is closed thats less money out of there pocket (spending) witch in turn is more money in their pocket at the end of the day.now with the WSFW involved you have two partys to fight aginst. anyone that knows me knows im a avid fisherman every breath i take lives for fishing but we get no help from the agency that is there in part for us so what makes you think you will get any help from not one but two government offices that in no way shape or form are set up to help you sorry for being so negative but ive already fought the fight for years and am still loosing.you guys have all the right ideas and agendas but its worthless we are like the indians to them take everything from us then make us feel like they are doing us a favor and give a little back.perfect example is reiter before we had like what 15 miles of trails now we are gonna have like 3 miles. it would get clustered as fawk now we arnt even gonna be able to move.keep up the good fight everyone get back to me in 5 years and let me know how its going lol:corn:. im not saying this to stir the pot its all from experience. i know there are fishermen on this board my last point is the cowlitz river look up that on google and tell me what you think.it went from one of the best steelhead rivers in washington now its **** sorry guys i have to be the bearer of bad news

That's hard to read.
64e59765.png
4e4533ec.png

Last edited:
Yes, you are saying this to stir the pot, and if you read ANY of Reiter's thread's you'd realize you're waaaay off base on it's agenda/position in regards to DNR, and it's position with money for DNR, WE ALREADY KNOW THEY DON'T HAVE IT----HENCE THIS THREAD....:awesomework:
...If you can't come up with an intelligent post to try and alleviate their shortfall, why post???? Nothing more than :stirpot:
And I'm with totalled---that short story was a bitch to decifer....:haha:

Can't you guys see there is nothing you can do or say that will help our cause? I really cant believe you all have hope. I've been dealing with **** like this for 20 years, there is not any hope. Why don't you all call all the northwest fishing clubs and such and see how all the shallow lies panned out for them. Ask them about judge bolt and what he did in the late 70s. Just about every question that is on the minds of our fellow wheelers has been on the minds of fishermen for the last 30 years. (I'm not talking commercial fishing). We have tried plans and propositions, but in the end its a worthless battle. You all will be tired and frustrated.

When dealing with gov agencies its like the guy that's trying to get in your daughters pants. They will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get what they want. Can't you see if reiter is closed, that's less money out of their pocket; (spending) witch in turn is more money in their pocket at the end of the day. Now with the WSFW involved you have two partys to fight against. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm an avid fisherman. Every breath I take lives for fishing, but we get no help from the agency that is there in part for us. So what makes you think you will get any help from not one, but two government offices that in no way shape or form are set up to help you.

Sorry for being so negative, but I've already fought the fight for years and am still loosing. You guys have all the right ideas and agendas but it's worthless. We are like the Indians to them. Take everything from us then make us feel like they are doing us a favor and give a little back. Perfect example is reiter before. We had like what, 15 miles of trails? Now we are gonna have like 3 miles. It would get clustered as fawk. Now we aren't even gonna be able to move.

Keep up the good fight everyone, get back to me in 5 years and let me know how its going lol :corn:. I'm not saying this to stir the pot its all from experience. I know there are fishermen on this board. My last point is the cowlitz river. Look up that on google and tell me what you think. It went from one of the best steel head rivers in Washington, now its ****. Sorry guys I have to be the bearer of bad news

Try that. :eeek:

Wow lilzuki. So as far as I can tell you think time is better spent just watching them close **** and take it away rather then try to keep what we have and fight for what we want? The way I look at it we HAVE to prove that we want to wheel and that we can find ways to foot the bill. Am I saying that we will win 100%? No. But I am saying that we need to fight for what we want or we will NEVER be able to hold on to what we have.

Last edited:
I agree with NotSoPC... lilzuki, if you're truely a fellow wheeler, why lay down in front of the track and just wait for the train??? Face it head on, run at it full force...:awesomework:

So, budget come out? Where is the NOVA funding going? How about "The Pass?"

Lets keep this thing alive, it was a good thread.