• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge 1500 5.7 hemi

Andrews2007

What is everybody's thoughts on a 2011 and up dodge 1500 5.7 hemi? Overall rating and towing

Dont know how much it helps but I got a 2008 1500 hemi and really like it pulls great you know within reason mpg kinda sucks I dont get but about 13 maybe 14 but all around I like it ive owned two others and liked them too

My boss has a 2011. It is geared really high. Engine is pretty strong though. Would probably tow a small rig pretty good.

I've got a 2012. Pulling is not a problem, just higher RPM's. Biggest issue for me is suspension. Rides like a car, but very soft rear end. You would definitely want to get bags installed if you did a lot of towing. I get around 10 with a load.

I have a 2012 1500 5.7 2wd and ive been happy with it. Pulling rzr on 6x12 trailer it shows 15mpg and pulled 18ft dove tail with lifted Cherokee on it and besides squatting it done fine. If you are gonna pull a fullsize vehicle with one id suggest air bags which you can get on moes performance for $90. Also if you get the 2wd reg cab like I have they are geared high (6spd with 3.55 gear). I have a 4.10 gear for it just haven't put it in yet. As far as unloaded I cant complain a bit. We took a trip to Destin,FL in it from Athens,tn. Filled it up in Athens and drove to destin then rode around some before filling up again. $75 and went 500 miles on that tank.

I've heard the newer hemis are drop the valve seats just take it in consideration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk