• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge steering brace

The redhead problem doesn't seem to be a wear issue. It's either good and lasts just fine. Or it's bad right off the bat.

And yea I agree! I have over 3k in the front off mine :mad:

Guess i got a good one then :redneck:, I know if you have a problem with there stuff though they stand behind it :awesomework:

Ya i cant even remember how much money i poured into mine, then i sold it :mad:

So I just came across this thead and appears this may help with my problem. My truck is a 98 Dodge diesel and has 150k miles on it. I have replaced the wheel bearings, ball joints and got new tires. After getting the new ball joints and tires it felt like I was trying to drive after drinking a case of beer. It can really get out of hand, especially towing my enclosed sled trailer. It has been aligned by 3 different shops all showing correct alignment. Disconnecting the steering stabilizer was the only thing, so far, that made it tolerable to drive. I have looked at the track bar and it appers to be ok with someone moving the wheel back and forth. So between the steering brace, track bar, and new steering box, which would be the first to try?

Track bar - box - brace. War-jeeper may remember the cost of a red headed steering box. I think they quoted me around 270. The borgeson box is a bit pricey at 700.

Track bar - box - brace. War-jeeper may remember the cost of a red headed steering box. I think they quoted me around 270. The borgeson box is a bit pricey at 700.

I think it was around 250-300 bucks but that was like 3-4 years ago i bought that :redneck:

Latest posts