• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drivetrain flex

tnford88

I recently put a atlas 2 tcase in my truck and had to redo the transmission crossmember. Now when I get the truck flexing it pulls the clutch linkage apart. The pivot ball is mounted to the side of the transmission with a pivot arm on the frame side. I just used a universal mount for a t18 but was wondering if adding a torque arm to the mount would help or if anyone else has had these issues before. It's a 82 f150 if it matters.

I've seen this happen with cj's what we did to fix this is first check your motor mounts if not broke then it's just flex from the frame. Get a piece of all thread that will thread into the block or bell housing where the ball is, drill out the shaft so the all thread can go from the frame bracket through the pivoting shaft and thread into the block put a jam nut on the inside of the outer bracket and tighten the outer but and jam nut. Make sence?

tnford88 said:
I recently put a atlas 2 tcase in my truck and had to redo the transmission crossmember. Now when I get the truck flexing it pulls the clutch linkage apart. The pivot ball is mounted to the side of the transmission with a pivot arm on the frame side. I just used a universal mount for a t18 but was wondering if adding a torque arm to the mount would help or if anyone else has had these issues before. It's a 82 f150 if it matters.

Was that you on 15 at windrock yesterday?

Re:

Yeah, i appreciate the offer to help. Got it fixed then proceeded to go about a truck length at a time before it popped off again. Got it off the trail after fixing it about 5 times. Thinking of just running a chain from a bellhousing bolt to the frame. That way it still will flex but won't pop off.

No problem. I thought I recognized the truck in the avatar. Wish I had recognized it yesterday. Thanks for spotting me around. I scared my buddy coming back down. He thought we were going over. Lol. Not so much the one riding with me but the one that was riding with Tony.