• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drop lights??

blackcj71

So who's using what and how do u like it? And this is for the guys that use them on a day to day basis and use and abuse them... I've tried all different kinds from the cheapys to the expensive ones and recently had a mac tools one for about 6 months and finally the internals kept coming apart so got my money back. I've got the streamlite "stinger" and abuse the **** outta it and works like a champ! So whats your preference?:corn:

all these lights are too expensive!! i run them over, burn them, break them etc.
ive tried it all.
when welding i found walmart carries the same light found on most tool trucks- the yellow flourescent single bulb one that is very solid, its the round one that looks like a tube for 20 bucks compared to 50 bucks on the truck just cuz they put it in a new box. there is a cheap version of this light but it is not tube shaped it is more square and its a POS. stay away from the square one they shatter easily.

when wrenchen i use a 5 bucker (walmart again) that is your traditional looking trouble light. plastic is needed cuz metal ones like to break bulbs when dropped.
tried ruf service bulbs- they die just like the cheap ones. so i started using the screw in flourescent type and they last forever unless welding sparks/slag hits the glass bulb tube then they break.:beer: