• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Duramax Engine Codes

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
So I drove out to VA from WA and halfway through the trip my CEL came on.

I scanned the codes and I'm getting an E104, E105, and P700. I have a PPE tune on it and have tried removing the tune, and tuning the truck a different levels.

Anything I do, all three codes keep popping up. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes for them to pop up, sometimes it takes a couple (2-3) hours of drive time.

The transmission is in a "half assed" tow-haul mode. The allison will kick up the RPM going down hill, and it will hold the RPM's up while accelerating, but when you actually have the truck in tow haul mode, it will not do the "downshift" thing when you are in stop and go traffic.

Any thoughts before I take my truck to the hobby shop and start throwing money at it. Remember I'm stuck out here in VA and have limited access to tools and such.

It towed a 5K load all the way across country just fine averaging 14MPG. Runs just fine.

did some googling and a duramax forum came up with this.

"P0700 is the TCM requesting a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light aka: "check engine"). All the 700 code does is tell the ECM "something's wrong" and to illuminate the MIL. There is another code in the TCM that you need to pull that will actually tell you what the malfunction is so let me know what that code is and I will help you out. "

Thanks Troy.

I'm probably going to do a transmission maintenance and flush next time I can get to the hobby shop to be safe.

I did do a lot of elevation changes and such during the trip.

The whole time, the truck drove fine.

So--whats the outcome karl?

All codes gone after fixing the wiring harness where it was rubbing. I replaced the internal transmission filter as well, it completely fell out and the rubber O ring was in there sideways. That was problem #1 as the filter is the main fluid pickup for the trans. Problem #2 was the wiring harness where it rubs the little bracket next to the alternator.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had an inkling that it was grounding out there but never would have figured it without your sage advice.

Thanks dood. Truck drives like a raped ape now.

Time to fix the window (bought a regulator, just haven't installed) and then on to Montana for the weekend!!!!! :awesomework::beer:

Last edited: