• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Duramax fuel issues

tlcruiser66

So this morning I went out to start the truck and it cranked great but wouldn't fire, figuring maybe it bled out the pressure since it's been 5 days since I drove the truck I primed the system at the filter and it fired right up.

I let it sit for 5 min idling where it ran just fine, decided to drive it around the block and as I rounded the first corner it died (no sputter just all of a sudden nothing at all).

I popped the hood and primed it again and it made it the 3 blocks back home but now I'm kinda worried it's going to die again and not sure where to start looking or what I'm to look for.

I'm pretty sure it's not the pump as it ran for so long after priming it but I've seen stranger things in my time so I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Kevin

Quick pressure check and turned out my water in fuel sensor was leaking, not sure if it's the o-ring or the sensor is cracked but I think I'll play it safe and just replace the whole unit.

Quick pressure check and turned out my water in fuel sensor was leaking, not sure if it's the o-ring or the sensor is cracked but I think I'll play it safe and just replace the whole unit.

I have seen that happen a few times. When it sits the fuel drains out cuasing a large air gap. when you prime it you push that air pocket past the main pump...

Turned out to be just a bad seal, but I installed the new sensor anyways and will keep the old one for a backup in case this one ever does break. Oh and strangely enough the dealer was the cheapest around for the new sensor and the only place that had it in stock although the filter cost me 60 bucks the sensor was only 40.

i had the same exact problem, it turned out not to be the WIF sensor but a hole in my fuel filter, thank god for the duramax primer!