• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans Creek Width Restriction...

I was unable to attend the meeting yesterday but I know that last month we had asked Bob what roads would be open to vehicle travel during the winter so we could tell other wheelers where to go when Evans is closed. Can someone who went to the meeting confirm wether or not Bob was able to provide that information and if so what roads are open for snow wheeling?

see the post in the "Evans creek meeting" thread Bill. I posted all of the numbers there.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56993

People around here seem to think the DNR is there friend.

I wouldn't agree with that. :; There is mutual trust.......but "friends"? No. For me, the DNR is a "work associate".

And it is important to understand a recognize the differences between the DNR and the FS. They are NOT one-in-the-same.

I wouldn't agree with that. :; There is mutual trust.......but "friends"? No. For me, the DNR is a "work associate".

And it is important to understand a recognize the differences between the DNR and the FS. They are NOT one-in-the-same.

Exactly.

I for one am ok with the 80' width, 74' was unrealistic. Sucks that some of my fellow wheelers will be left out but at the end of the day the trails will hopefully stay like they are and not a complete highway.

I for one am ok with the 80' width, 74' was unrealistic. Sucks that some of my fellow wheelers will be left out but at the end of the day the trails will hopefully stay like they are and not a complete highway.

I agree... I still don't fit, but if I choose to change my rig 80" is a realistic number...

After the drainage issue is taken care of, hopefully there will be no need for paving anymore...

But, since it will be closed in the winter for snow wheeling, there's no reason for me to go to Evans...

Great, ...One step closer to closure. Width now, whats next? Closing trails, then park.

Just wait and see, Give them an inch and they will end up taking a mile.

Exactly:;

DNR just answers to the $$$$$$$.

Yes. The DNR is the "lesser of 2 evils".

I bet the DNR would be shocked what we may be able to rally for funds for a "good" off-road area such as what we had at Rieter.

We need to change the ways and turn the DNR trails into a pay-to-play system. I would easily get off my wallet and shell out a lot of funds ($500 annually) to have a place like Rieter again.

I miss Rieter:booo: R.I.P. (it will never be the same).

I bet the DNR would be shocked what we may be able to rally for funds for a "good" off-road area such as what we had at Rieter.

We need to change the ways and turn the DNR trails into a pay-to-play system. I would easily get off my wallet and shell out a lot of funds ($500 annually) to have a place like Rieter again.

I miss Rieter:booo: R.I.P. (it will never be the same).

X's 2

More like an abusive spouse :D

Today's Email From DNR

NOVEMBER 18, 2010

Campground on Cypress Island. This popular destination spot is in danger of being closed permanently if recreation funding is cut. Photo: Jason Goldstein/DNR

Hi:
You may have heard that DNR is working with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) to propose legislation that will help maintain and improve access to state lands managed or owned by the two agencies. This issue of DNR Recreation E-News will bring you up to date on this proposal.

When legislators meet in January, they'll face the enormous task of determining the state's budget for the next two years under extremely challenging economic times. You may have seen the news today that the revenue forecast for the state's General Fund is down $1.2 billion.

The next legislative session will be a tough road for recreation funding on state lands. Further cuts to the state's recreation budget will result in more closures, more reduced services, and will further erode the economies of rural communities whose livelihoods rely on outdoor recreation and related businesses.

DNR and WDFW are jointly proposing legislation that will provide a stable funding source for ongoing maintenance and enforcement, which will free up grant funding for renovation and development of new facilities and trails. This joint proposal will provide the legislature with options besides slashing our recreation budgets and forcing closures of recreation facilities. This request includes access fees, lifting the lid on the fuel tax refund, and streamlining and improving law enforcement.

In developing the recreation reform package of legislative requests, we drew from a number of sources including the recommendations from the Sustainable Recreation Work Group, comments from DNR's recent online forum about recreation, and public input through meetings with user groups, workshops, and one-on-one conversations with recreation enthusiasts like you.

The draft legislation currently includes the following key features:

so any new info on the width restrictions ? did it officially get signed by the ranger to be 80" ? talking to some people and i keep hearing 76" ? what about NACHES trails anything on them?

so any new info on the width restrictions ? did it officially get signed by the ranger to be 80" ? talking to some people and i keep hearing 76" ? what about NACHES trails anything on them?

I am expecting the 80" rule to be signed by the ranger. To be in effect when the park opens in March. Havent heard of any width restrictions in the Naches disrict except for the little rattlesnake.

I am expecting the 80" rule to be signed by the ranger. To be in effect when the park opens in March. Havent heard of any width restrictions in the Naches disrict except for the little rattlesnake.

ok thanks i am wanting to know for sure that its gonna be 80 , im am currently sitting at 87" , on dana 60 , 42" tire , i am changing out the hub system to get to 80" or shorter