Votes: 23 29.9%
  • everyday driver

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • pizza and boobies

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • both

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters
My rig is my daily driver and my trail rig. Before the R word had me on financial lock down I was actively shopping for a Dodge diesel and trailer. The only reason I want a trailer is to get it home if it really breaks. Even if I got a trailer I would not cut up the ZJ. That rig will remain street legal and would still get driven regularly. It rides smooth and quiet on the freeway. The doors still seal and all the interior is in place and clean. From the inside my Jeep looks brand new, Armor all and everything. Those who wheel with me almost every weekend know what the exterior looks like.

It takes my OBA system 10 or 15 minutes to air the 35s back up. During this time I roll out my mat and do a full inspection of all my suspension, steering and wheel/tire assemblies. I make sure all the joints are good and when I hit the road I pay attention for any additional slope in the steering.

Do that and the chances of your rig coming apart on the highway and killing someone are Lottery thin. :;

My rig is a daily driver currently, and drafty, slow and noisy as it is, it is fun driving something that's different and being able to see over other cars in traffic and stuff. On the other hand, it's also drafty, noisy and slow. I'd like to have it do both. I've looked at buying a commuter pretty hard, but then I sit back and realise that I could put that money into my truck and make it a better rig. For the same $500-1000 I'd spend on a beater, I can do a lot of work to make my truck more comfortable, efficient and wheel better all at the same time. I could do an efi swap, fix up the interior and hell, even fix the rust and paint the damn thing for that money.

One "pro" for a street licensed rig: Driving around town on a hot summer day with the top off.

One of the finest pleasures in life.:cheer:

i got a daily driver and weekend offroader... i think if it werent for laws pertaining to lifts and rigs, etc... i'd go out all the time driving a buggy. but i like a offroader versus a corvette type of rig for driving. i almost bought a challenger this time, but really saw the difference in each rig.

Jeep vs challenger?

if i lived in a warmer climate, long roads outside of city near by, etc... yeah this isn't the 70's anymore and being stuck driving a hotrod in bumper to bumper traffic just doesn't cut it for me. i just like the Rubicon and the fact that i can drive this rig almost anywheres right now, street / trails... it's not a rock crawler and needs alot of mods even now to remain worthy after a day of wheeling... but its to me, better than the risk of leaving a truck and trailer behind or the fact of needing one to begin with. i like driving a 4x4 everywheres and knowing i can, when the laws allow more than what are now acceptable?

then i will fall with-in those new spec's...

If i was a hardcore trail runner, rock crawler and loved the fact that i could go anywheres - then i'd be a buggy guy.

but i like the chance to try and get there, not knowing i can. there is more skill in a under suited rig to run trails than a i know i can do it type of rig. not saying buggys this or that, just that its fun to acheive or over-come a obstacle with a less per'say equipped rig. and not due damage or etc either. just using skill and experience to walk thru a trails section, where as most others would need over built rigs or massive amounts of throttle.

versus that i know how to over-come the obstacle, instead of muscle thru it.

:; Tread Lightly... :awesomework: