• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Exhaust systems

NotMatt said:
What intake are you going with?

I'll show ya the setup I did on mine some time. I just went down to the parts store and bought the biggest cone filter they had with a 4" opening, cost me about 50 bucks for a good K&N look-alike... cut about 5" off of a piece of 4" exhaust tube I had around, and clamped it to my stock intake hose, then clamped the filter to that and built a little support for the filter. Works great and sounds even better, and the filter is cleanable like the K&N's. :D

Nutin yet. I have to do this part by part since I am lacking funds. So I will start with the exhaust first :D

I have heard of a few homebrew setups

:pics:

crash said:
Nutin yet. I have to do this part by part since I am lacking funds. So I will start with the exhaust first :D

I have heard of a few homebrew setups

:pics:

I'll take some tonight. :D

Just get an AFE filter for 60 bucks, the make your own heat shield. They charge almost 300 bucks for the damn things.. and that stupid heat shield is what eats up all the cost.

You can always remove the silencer ring from the turbo to make it whistle :clappy:

Why the hell would there be a silencer ring on the fawkin turbo? thats just re-cock-u-lous. Nothin better than hearing the howl of a turbo :clappy:

I put my silencer ring back in when I put the cone filter on. It was actually kind of annoying on the highway without it. Now it's got a nice whistle... sounds like a semi-truck. Now I just need to get rid of the muffler and I'll be good to go. :D

snwbrdpunk16 said:
Why the hell would there be a silencer ring on the fawkin turbo? thats just re-cock-u-lous. Nothin better than hearing the howl of a turbo :clappy:
A what? Where?!!? More info!!! :corn:

snwbrdpunk16 said:
I dont own a ****in dodge, dont ask me for the info, ask crash, matt, or jeff? :flipoff:
I wasn't asking you, I was interjec... inturj......ejaculating. STFU. :flipoff:

WOW!!! Thats some big exhaust :D

As for the intake. With how things are right now--I just don't have the time to invest in building it--easier for me to just buy it. Heck its going to be hard enough to get time to put this exhaust on

crash said:

As for the intake. With how things are right now--I just don't have the time to invest in building it--easier for me to just buy it. Heck its going to be hard enough to get time to put this exhaust on

Took me about... 20 minutes to make mine, and 10 of it was taking the stock airbox out. :D

Here's a pic. I glued a rubber grommet to the fenderwell under the bottom of the filter, but a simple clamp around the base that bolts to one of the stock airbox studs might be a bit less "ghetto".

I haven't fab'ed up a heatshield yet though...

Last edited:
crash said:

I'll come help. I think my truck is also dirty enough that you won't notice when I switch them while you're not looking. :redneck:

Latest posts