• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Cells School Me

War-Jeeper

Mailbox Killing War-Ho
Dont know much about them and i need to put one in the yota as the stock tank royally screwed me yesterday and i want that thing out of the way of underneath the rig.

Few specs on the rig that may determine type of cell i dont really know

91 4runner body
85 EFI yota motor

pulling the rear seats and putting this in the sort of trunkish area so i have lots of room:awesomework:

If I had my way (and the space) I would have done a tank w/ a sump so there's always fuel available at the bottom of the tank.

The sump on my keg kicks ass and runs at about any angle. Its stainless steel construction will help it to last decades. Its low cost fit in my budget very well.

I would highly recomend a fuel safe brand cell, they have their own safety cage around them with a heavy duty bladder inside the can. They arent cheap but you don't want to mess around with gasoline.

I would highly recomend a fuel safe brand cell, they have their own safety cage around them with a heavy duty bladder inside the can. They arent cheap but you don't want to mess around with gasoline.

This is very true id rather spend more money for a product that is proven safer than a cheaper one, safety has no price in my book:awesomework:

RCI i believe sells a plastic bladder in a metal can type, i kinda copied that as i had a free plastic summit one, i just made the can.:redneck:

Im am in the middle of building my own cell right now. It will be .090" aluminum (over kill per ATL) and will be sent out to have ATL put a bladder in it. I want it to be a custom shape to fit in the back of my buggy. I know it won't be cheap to have the custom bladder installed but I think it will be worth it. I will also be using walbro pickups cause there is no other choice right now. If you go this rout be sure to use as little rubber hose as you can when mounting the pickups... some folks have been having issues with them flipping over or banging around and breaking inside the tank. Just hardline as much as you can.

I have my old summit 12 gal plastic bladder/steel case cell for sale if you want it. CHEAP!

Im am in the middle of building my own cell right now. It will be .090" aluminum (over kill per ATL) and will be sent out to have ATL put a bladder in it. I want it to be a custom shape to fit in the back of my buggy. I know it won't be cheap to have the custom bladder installed but I think it will be worth it. I will also be using walbro pickups cause there is no other choice right now. If you go this rout be sure to use as little rubber hose as you can when mounting the pickups... some folks have been having issues with them flipping over or banging around and breaking inside the tank. Just hardline as much as you can.

I have my old summit 12 gal plastic bladder/steel case cell for sale if you want it. CHEAP!

How much? Im gonna sell the rig but this still needs fixed no matter what

I understand the use of walbro pickups in a store bought tank with no sump.

BUT

Why waste money on them if you are building it from scratch?

Why is a walbro better than a sump? A sump is pretty much the end all of fuel pick up problems if done right.

Im just not a fan of weedeater fuel pickups, myself.