• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Pump Options....

Boosted

As some of you know, Im going from a 22R to a 22RE and Im in the process of setting up my fuel system.

Here's what I have so far....

1. Fuel cell with 6AN braided lines from fuel cell to center of frame rail on passenger side (feed and return).

What I would like to add is....

1. Inline fuel pump and filter on frame rail.
2. Fuel Pressure Regulator on fenderwell with possibly a fuel pressure gauge.

My question is....I know I will need about 38 psi but Im uncertain of the volume of flow....

Can I use a universal inline pump that can deliver 43 gph? If so, should I stick with hard lines to the engine compartment or adapt the 6AN lines to the pump so I can plumb in the filter and regulator, and then fab a line to the fuel rail?

Or, should I keep it simple and just run stock fuel line setup including the stock regulator?

Sorry for the multiple noobish questions, but I performed a search here and on pirate and could not find specific answers to my questions.... :cool:

Thanks, Bill

Stock is always good as off-the-shelf parts are easy to find.

Typically any Fuel Injection aftermaket pump will supply enough fuel for a 4cyl, just make sure you get one that will do the PSI.

To keep it inexpensive I'd convert the -6AN to hose barb and use FI fuel line to plumb everything in. Any local Napa or Hwy Auto will have the fuel line and Summit will have the hose barb adapters.

To keep it inexpensive I'd convert the -6AN to hose barb and use FI fuel line to plumb everything in. Any local Napa or Hwy Auto will have the fuel line and Summit will have the hose barb adapters.

Im leaning towards going this route as it is becoming a pain in the arse trying to figure out all the fittings and such as well as still not knowing how Im gonna adapt the 6AN to stock fuel rail.

Thanks, Bill

i am with Jobless(jackazz) i did the same swap and ran a inline pump from a F150 and used all stock hard lines, this way all you need is a pump(and FI line) that can found any where, and a inline filter. Works great! I also have an extra pump i bought i could part with and save you some time:awesomework:
PM if you are intrested:beer: New never installed!

i am with Jobless(jackazz) i did the same swap and ran a inline pump from a F150 and used all stock hard lines, this way all you need is a pump(and FI line) that can found any where, and a inline filter. Works great! I also have an extra pump i bought i could part with and save you some time:awesomework:
PM if you are intrested:beer: New never installed!

The F150 pump doesnt require a regulator? If not that sure makes it easy and cheap.... :;

Crap, I forget the short number on the pump. But basically just run a bullet style of frame mounted pump. As for a regulator, your not going to need it bill as the stock regulator on the fuel rail will take care of it as long as the pump is not some crazy high pressure/volume pump.

I finally remembered what pump you want to run bill. #E2000 Thats for an f150 and is a frame mount and popular for toy guys to run with a fuel cell :awesomework:

I finally remembered what pump you want to run bill. #E2000 Thats for an f150 and is a frame mount and popular for toy guys to run with a fuel cell :awesomework:

Thats what Im getting from Chris (spring85). Brand new in the box so Im set.

Thanks, Bill

PS....Can I bring my junk over this weekend?