• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hammock Camping

lowbudgetjunk said:
Thanks for all the responses so far. I've seen a few name brands on the inter webs and will more than likely get one to put up around the house and to take along when housing facilities are not prevalent. I see that most use some type of insulation/padding in the winter time. What sleeping bag do you guys use? I have a pretty cold weather bag 0 degrees but nothing for warmer weather.

Kel, you'll still need something even with that 0 degree for underneath. As far as warmer weather, I do a real light sleeping bag. In the summer, I just use the hammock and still sweat. That's why I have the single seater for hot weather. The double doesn't let you get any airflow which is nice in the winter but not so much when it is hot.

I'll never go back to sleeping on the ground as long as I have a choice.

This thread reminded me that I got a couple of hammocks for Christmas and still haven't tried them out. Gonna break them out now for sure!!

a3fd1ce049fe57e6b5e3deab894318a3.jpg

Guess I need to try these bad boys out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff150 said:
I use a Hennessy Asymmetrical and love it. I am a side sleeper and sleep very comfortably in this style hammock. X2 on the camp pad under you for insulation. Can also use a cheap roll up windshield heat reflector under your sleeping bag with the reflective side facing you. They roll up small and weigh only a couple of ounces if you are backpacking.
http://hennessyhammock.com/products/expedition-asym-classic

I used one of those window reflectors, but I didn't like the crunch foil sound everytime I moved.

Re: Re: Hammock Camping

joho75287 said:

Have fun not getting **** done once you get that thing hung up. I leave mine up in some pine trees all summer. Just ain't been quite warm enough up here in Ohio yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

joho75287 said:

Good placement and grouping of the products. Gonna have to work on your fronting the labels :stir:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Good placement and grouping of the products. Gonna have to work on your fronting the labels :stir:
Haha! I promise all the beers in my beer fridge are "faced" appropriately. OCD leftover from tending bar in college.

just like an Eno but a hell of a lot cheaper.

I havent hammock camped, that sounds miserable to me, but for takin along and stringing out in the back yard on a nice day my Yukon is pretty nice.

heres their camping setup on sale now:
https://yukon-outfitters.com/products/made-in-america-combo-kit

jeeptj99 said:
What happens if it rains? Wouldnt the water just run down the straps and then you're wet?
According to how you rig it, you can leave the loose tail hanging down so the water only runs to the clip the down the tail.

I made some ez tree straps with light weight cam lock type tie downs.

TBItoy said:
According to how you rig it, you can leave the loose tail hanging down so the water only runs to the clip the down the tail.

I made some ez tree straps with light weight cam lock type tie downs.

Pictures?

We were tubing / kayaking last summer in North Georgia, has a couple hammocks strung up. Julio shows up and the first thing he says is, "Yall are gonna sleep in those? Man, them are just BEAR BURRITOS! :****:

Drue had a lil roof over his... Wasn't raining. I figured it was a lil "privacy" for him to rape his dog. Don't ask don't tell is his moto..
There's was a good hour or so where I was really close to going over there and wrapping a strap bout 5 times around the hole thing.. Then hauling ass and making him swing In circles... Then I thought how it wouldn't work and I'd end up killing him. So I just burnt my wizard wood.

1a17b7611d60cc1a47156176b3d878f2.jpg
0e8503ba961f57be81fb88503e5a9c5a.jpg
finally nice enough up here to set mine up and leave it up. My favorite place to go after work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Does that setup give you enough "sag" to avoid shoulder squeeze?
I set mine up in the backyard and it squeezed me so bad there is no way I could be comfortable enough to to sleep in the sum bitch.
I'm trying to figure out how to set it up so I can be comfortable.