• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Re: Harlan Hardline Ride - October 10-12, 2014 (tennative)

I'm pretty sure dairy hut took damage during a recent storm, not sure if it's open

Re:

Man we got reservations for the first weekend in Oct so I know my junk will not be fixed from that trip before this one.....

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Dairy hut is being torn down and rebuilt but same person owns it and the marathon across the road so they are working out of the marathon for now. Marathon has great breakfast too and cheap.

yea evarts side is closer and more convenient should have no prob with the rv seen many at the place , just watch out for bridge hookers :afro:

NEW DAIRY BAR :dblthumb: can't wait the food is the same at the gas station though(very good)

Julio, call me. Your phone is going to voice mail. Let's get this nailed down!!!!

I have always wanted to goto Harlan. This sounds like a good group. Got a stupid question.......anybody got any idea how long be gone at a time? Obviously my buggy was mostly built for the hill climbing and doesn't have a massive amount of fuel capacity. These rides usually out all day or out and return for lunch and maybe refuel? May sound stupid but I don't have anywhere to store fuel and wouldn't want to burden anyone by running out halfway through the day type deal.

I can ride all day there and have some to spare Brent..

Thanks Jamie. I just know by the time we run two hills and run back and forth between races I am usually about out. I will run approx 6 gallons on two hills. Hoping that this is alot more trail riding though and not wide open all day. We are about ready for some trail riding. :dblthumb:

The plan is to arrive in town on Thursday (10-9), some early, some crazy late if have to work all day. Friday (10-10), eat breakfast early together and hit the trails, plan for food on the trail as the plan is to get back to camp at dark. Saturday (10-11) will be a repeat of Friday, breakfast then ride all day. Sunday (10-12), breakfast together, then decide who wants to stay and ride part or all day, and who is headed for home. Sure there will be a campfire somewhere Friday and Saturday nights.

We have plans to be there the weekend before but this is awful tempting. Might just make the 6 hour trip on back to back weekends.

If you stay on Evarts side you can be close to most of the big obsticals and can take a lunch break and refuel in town. Thats usually what we do but i have left at 8am amd not returned until after dark....just took food and drinks.

Maybe we will get to see some of those snake handling people off that show up there hunting rattlesnakes, that is if any of them live long enough!

xjkrawler said:
Stay at Harlan county campground you won't regret it. I may try to make the ride.
X2 I've stayed on both sides, several times. Now I only stay on the Putney side

I've never stayed on the Putney side. Is there a gas station close by? I've always stayed in Evarts.

From when i stayed on putney i would estimate a 15-20 min ride to get gas. Also for the guys who run through alot of fuel you will burn a tank just riding the putney trailhead to the evarts side. Im down for anything though. My buddy with a rzr should be comming and i can get him to carry a gas jug for some guys if need be.

Latest posts