• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

jp fan said:
There is tons of camping in the park also no cabins but for tent camping lots of room and easy to park

Thats right for those that wanna go primitive you can camp in the park,,,what about 3 or 4 places Nick?

JohnG said:
I just told her I was with Julio (Scott) and how long I was.

That did not sound right, I let her know how long the RV and trailer are. :fish:

OH DANG

Cruiser buggy said:
Yep I'll be there

I reconize yo parkin spot man :dblthumb:

zukiscott said:
Thats right for those that wanna go primitive you can camp in the park,,,what about 3 or 4 places Nick?

OH DANG

I reconize yo parkin spot man :dblthumb:

There are several places to camp in the park marked on the map.

We usually camp at BlackBear Campground, but it is very small and wooded, and only suitable for a few rigs and hammock camping or maybe a couple tents.

Coyote, Copperhead, and Whitetail campgrounds are more like gravel/open parking areas and would be fine for tent camping/big bonfires/etc

Coyote is close the the action, it's right on the RailBed trail.

Whitetail had a lean-to/awning type structure to get under if it rains (and it always rains somewhere in Harlan)

I don't remember what Gobblers Roost camp looks like right off hand

If you camp in the park, be prepared for BEARS. Those ****ers will sneak up on you when you're cooking and hanging out.

We are planning on getting a site with the rest of y'all down by the dairy hut. We'll just have to string the hammocks up between the rigs :dblthumb:

John G, after looking at some pics and vids of what looks like coming into or around Lion den, the part where you basically flop it over on its side, and your between a rock and a tree, that are about 3 feet apart, and the roof slides along a tree, might want to leave the ole 38 at home! would post the video, but i dont know how. :afro:

zukimaster said:
John G, after looking at some pics and vids of what looks like coming into or around Lion den, the part where you basically flop it over on its side, and your between a rock and a tree, that are about 3 feet apart, and the roof slides along a tree, might want to leave the ole 38 at home! would post the video, but i dont know how. :afro:

Eh, you don't HAVE to got through Lions Den, just like pretty much any trail in Harlan, it is basically just an off-shoot obstacle/rock garden. You could literally take a bone stock truck and ride with a group of bouncers in Harlan and the only trail you'd get "left behind" on would be Mason Jar, and then you could make the loop around the mountain and meet them at the exit...

TBItoy said:
There are several places to camp in the park marked on the map.

We usually camp at BlackBear Campground, but it is very small and wooded, and only suitable for a few rigs and hammock camping or maybe a couple tents.

Coyote, Copperhead, and Whitetail campgrounds are more like gravel/open parking areas and would be fine for tent camping/big bonfires/etc

Coyote is close the the action, it's right on the RailBed trail.

Whitetail had a lean-to/awning type structure to get under if it rains (and it always rains somewhere in Harlan)

I don't remember what Gobblers Roost camp looks like right off hand

If you camp in the park, be prepared for BEARS. Those ****ers will sneak up on you when you're cooking and hanging out.

We are planning on getting a site with the rest of y'all down by the dairy hut. We'll just have to string the hammocks up between the rigs :dblthumb:

BEn to harlan 2 times already this year. A few weeks ago we went up the main trail to whitetail campground and its gotten pretty rough for stock trucks. There was a newer chevy z71 trying to pulling a trailer up the trail to get to the campground and snapped a tie rod. Had to pull him the rest of the way up the trail.

There is a group of us that were already planning to be there on that weekend. We are staying at the Black Mountain cabins on the Evarts side. Any chance of some Hardline stickers and/or shirts being available?

I searched all over Youtube for that vid of Julio going through it but can't remember what it was titled. Someone was walking and filming Julio all the way through it. It's a badass vid, ole Zuk was flexin'! Post it if you know the link Julio!

Yeah ^^^^^ That was what i was talking about! thought if they wasnt a way around that stuff, John would **** if he was in the 38.

there are actually several "lines" through there. Where Julio was scraping between the trees and rocks, you can actually go OVER the big rocks too...

zukimaster said:

if you don't get any dents, scrapes or dings at Harlan....you must be on the main trail... :woot:

me and my old juggy going through the tight squeeze in Lions den. it was on tons, with 42's, 112" wheelbase and seemed tight. haven't had my current juggy though.... its 120" wheelbase.
VIDEO0022.3gp

also my comment about dents, dings and scrapes...has to do with a lot of the trails at Harlan are tight in places..... going into lions den you have to hug the big rock and usually drag the passenger size of the cage down the rock. also on mason jar...there is some tree hugging.. :driving: last trip there I got some damage on the drivers side on the waterfall due to a tree in my way... thumb.gif