• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have you been to Stony Lonesome OHV?

Sounds about like a lot of parks when they start out, unless there isn't the dry creek bed/washes that are easy to rock crawl with a little clean up.

Tons of small fast sidexside type stuff. Right now in a buggy, no. I'm looking forward to going back in my rzr tho

RFREYNOLDS said:
I like the place and go a lot it's cheep and close to home if you get there when they open Its great

index.php

Pretty sure this is the top of one of the trails that we (CAOS) cut in.

kmcminn said:
What about a toyota cab truck since you have some experience in that?

Not saying there is nothing there (because we were on rzr's so I wasn't really seeking trails like that out), but everything I saw looked pretty easily doable on a cab truck with 35s-37s. It is a fun cruising park with a ton of mileage of trails. Just nothing I saw would be worth woopow buggies time.

They have changed some staff out there recently. Last time we went, they had a new Maintenance Head that wasn't nearly as receptive to us putting in new trails. Hopefully we can work that out.

I can't stress how much potential the park has. The rocks and trails are there but they need to be used and uncovered. It may never be a "woopow" park but for general trail riding and crawling, it's nice.

jpony645 said:
I can't stress how much potential the park has. The rocks and trails are there but they need to be used and uncovered. It may never be a "woopow" park but for general trail riding and crawling, it's nice.

I agree with this. I look forward to going back.

I went one time and stayed such a short amount of time we got our money back and hit Gardendale instead on the way home. We were in buggies though.

jpony645 said:
They have changed some staff out there recently. Last time we went, they had a new Maintenance Head that wasn't nearly as receptive to us putting in new trails. Hopefully we can work that out.

I haven't dealt too much with the new management but the old manager, Barry, was a awesome dude and said if you see somethin that looks cool and would make a good trail tear out and start cutting and even would have it cut next time you came down :****:

Park has a whole lot of potential IMO

B.DRAKE said:
I haven't dealt too much with the new management but the old manager, Barry, was a awesome dude and said if you see somethin that looks cool and would make a good trail tear out and start cutting and even would have it cut next time you came down :****:

Park has a whole lot of potential IMO

Exactly! Barry was cool and definitely wanted more for the park. New guy doesn't seem to care.

If I'm not mistaken, this is a county run park. If the new manager isn't doing what he can to improve the park, we should write a nice descriptive letter to the county commission explaining how they could raise the amount of revenue the park generates simply by adding features to attract the crawler/buggy crowd.

i've been one time in a rzr last summer and dont know if its changed much but all i seen it was good for was atv's and sxs's. There was a big hill somewhere we was at that i wouldnt attempt in a rzr much less a mild built rig. It would of been a boring day riding around in a rig. Its like riding gravel county rodes when its not atv trails. Just my view of it. I will say this though, I was with someone else in a rzr and he may have just been avoiding alot of the rock trails but i really didnt see much. I had a blast in the rzr and have been wanting to go back.

I think we went up 1 or 2 rig trails but other than them i think it may have just been the guy leading me around just staying on the funner atv trails. No doubt its got alot of good hills that have potential. Just my recap on it from last year. But its also been a year so no telling how many new trail are there on top of the ones i never see. Maybe I can get back down there in the next couple months and do a lil more riding.

epyqy7u5.jpg

sepusy2y.jpg

Some pics from this spring. Park was nice. Awesome access to all trails. I started off doing one of the hardest trails and had no problems. Found 3 hills side by side they were fun made it up 2 of them. Had a great day in a leaf aping jeep ran through 1.5 tanks of pane just driving around.(no fill station) I was always expecting to get caught on a hard trail but just finessed my way up every trail I tried. I had a great day, but if I had been in a buggy could have been disappointed.

lowbudgetjunk said:
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27498.0

September 14th I am meeting with the guys at the park about opening up a few more crawling friendly obstacles....and there will be a night ride in October that I personally put my name out there for.....add it to your calendars and cross post to CAOS if anyone has a minute

You need help with anything let me know

In time in $ the park will get better I carry my DD yota on 3 inch lift up a lot the extreme. Trails for a rzr now it's fun but needs Hills and more rocks for buggys Ans big trucks

lowbudgetjunk said:
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27498.0

September 14th I am meeting with the guys at the park about opening up a few more crawling friendly obstacles....and there will be a night ride in October that I personally put my name out there for.....add it to your calendars and cross post to CAOS if anyone has a minute
X2 if ya need any help I can be there in 15 or 20 min. I would love to see the place grow
And I'll be there this Sunday 9-8-13 to ride if any one wants to join your more than welcome