• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hey Muchado

blacksheep10 said:
****, all mine are on 8mm, half analog, half digi. I'd need a way to play them as both my friggin cameras are toast. I might ask my buddy beauflex if I can borrow his old digi8 cam so you can capture. It would take a while to get through 80 hrs of tape, but I have good records and know how to cut to the good stuff quickly
same here, I'm not even sure where my box of 8mm's went. but I have a box of them of all the **** we used to do.

Kelly, I'ma look into that **** today.

InDaShop said:
same here, I'm not even sure where my box of 8mm's went. but I have a box of them of all the **** we used to do.

Kelly, I'ma look into that **** today.

I’m not technologically proficient but here is what I think its going to take.

Buy an old Hi8 player off eBay with A/V outputs and/or S-vid output

Buy and A/V card for comp, and plug the player to the comp. But I’m still not sure on the comp side if it will allow you to save off (capture) the data, and not just make your comp a TV monitor.

Anyone? Other option is even more retarded. Buy Hi8 player, plug into a TV and record off onto VCR, then get a VCR to DVD burner. Then can load the footage off the DVD’s .

**** this is complicated…..

wngrog said:
Man, wtf was going on with the hillbilly in the john boat? Hilarious.

That drunk SOB just showed up at the mudrun pit the night before the race. He tells us he wants us to drag him through the pit in his boat.

He didnt have a way to tie a cable, so he busts out a Maul and puts a hole in the bow and runs the cable through.
On the other end was our buddies Cummins, and he lit it up in a grass field. That drunk hillbilly was totally not prepared for that.

wngrog said:
Man, wtf was going on with the hillbilly in the john boat? Hilarious.
Used to put on a mud run, as wyatt was saying, the night before we are out there stirring the pit, getting **** ready, etc. We also party all night and have a light plant set up. This meth head drunk piece of white trash with a john boat in his truck sees the lights, can't sleep, moths to a flame, etc. pulls in, starts mixing 1 gallon water jugs of whiskey pops and wants to go through the pit. ties the cable on the front mooring point (little pot metal or cast AL double eared deal) and rips it off. He's like, "I'll fix this", get a splitting maul and goes to work. laughing1
Awesome memories, glad he didn't kill anyone

Here's my boat it's 4 sale. :****: My dog, Rayser, went with us that day too. :dblthumb:

[attachment deleted by admin]

blacksheep10 said:
****, all mine are on 8mm, half analog, half digi. I'd need a way to play them as both my friggin cameras are toast. I might ask my buddy beauflex if I can borrow his old digi8 cam so you can capture. It would take a while to get through 80 hrs of tape, but I have good records and know how to cut to the good stuff quickly

Yeah will take some time but can be done.. It's cold outside, I got time.

InDaShop said:
I’m not technologically proficient but here is what I think its going to take.

Buy an old Hi8 player off eBay with A/V outputs and/or S-vid output

Buy and A/V card for comp, and plug the player to the comp. But I’m still not sure on the comp side if it will allow you to save off (capture) the data, and not just make your comp a TV monitor.

Anyone? Other option is even more retarded. Buy Hi8 player, plug into a TV and record off onto VCR, then get a VCR to DVD burner. Then can load the footage off the DVD’s .

**** this is complicated…..

My VHS deck will convert A/V(redwhiteyello) or Svideo to firewire and then do a capture onto computer.. Just need a 8mm cam now. I think I have one but non-digital. I am thinking craigslist!