• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hey O'Neal......I know a secret

onealdodge said:
i am still down w/ adam no changes at all there. i can't wait to see what he's got on his mind. i guess i'll have this one until the new 1 is done.... :dunno:

You already have one. I am sure you will have 5 more before your Woodlee rig is done

guys i have my fingers crossed portal tek supposedly stepped up and fronted a 3 yr warranty....non conditional overnight the parts no questions asked. from what i gather they are trying to earn a good rep. especially on this side of the planet.it's a weird story i got a phone call 1 day guy tells me he wants 80k for a rig he said he had 100k in it i dropped the phone and i asked if he said 40k so our conversation did not last long needless to say. couple of days later he called said what would u give so here we are it took 3 months of talking and trading old cars trucks and ****. driving 4400 miles there and back $2000 in fuel plus paying drivers man it's been a headache. i hope i have a keeper cause i'm deeeeeep in this one but i know it's damn near impossible to get randy to build a rig so maybe it will hold some value. tks for all the positive response we'll see how she holds up.....talked to adam today plans are still in motion just waiting my turn shouldn't be much longer!

wngrog said:
The dipshit kid that had Randy build it came over to Katemcy with my Bash Buggy when the guys delivered it. He rode shotgun the entire event and then went back and asked Daddy to finance a buggy.

Said kid lives in JRs neighborhood in So Cal and had a bigger man-crush on JR and his buggy than Louis does. That said, the buggy was to have portals like JR had or die.

He sourced all the ****, Caddy motor, 20'' wheels and 39'' Iroks with the Portal Tech axles. Die to the ow gears in tha axles they chose a Manual valve body 700R4 from Art Carr in Texas.

E years later due to TONS of setbacks from Portal Tech on the new axles (mind you this was the first set), they finally got the buggy running in early 08 right befre the KOH08 run. Small test outing netted broken axles on each trip. The D44 sized axles on the outers would not hold up to the 42s and 500hp. Portal Tech came up with a cryo birfield for them that seemed to fix all of that.

The motor crapped out the night before KOH and they puled an all-nighter and got a loaner motor swapped in 2 hrs before te race. (see pic of dopey kid in latest Crawl Tonic with big hair and tuxedo) Car did great and laid down some super fast legs but PS issues killed him and they DNFed.

Tranny issues were a combo of a bad builder and IMO haveing too much HP and a manual VB 700r4. It just shifts too hard. That said, the Real Art Carr built this one, so all should be fine now.

Problem? Yeah, but they were al due to owner, nt builder supplied parts. If this bggy is right now, which I hope, then nothing will be able to touch it. Super fast, super stable and light.

The first the the Kid ever drove on rocks was the day after the KOH race and he did more damage to the car in an hour than Randy did to it during all the testing and the race LOL
dam nolan you have some ****ed up facts

coolcruiserfj40 said:
dam nolan you have some ****ed up facts
Prolly like anything else.
Somebody tells somebody, who then tells his girlfriend, who then tells her mom, who then tells her bridge club, then one of them tells their husband, who turns out to be Nolen.

I can see how to vagueness comes in and some elaboration, and some filling in the blanks was done. I'm not sure I prefer the truth most of the time, gimme some DRAMA, LOL

nolen's tall tales.....

someone set it straight...

oh and oneal....post pics....we don't care what it looks like right now....that is a PIMPASSMUFUGGINBUGGY.....it has some deadly lines on it.....

don't kow why, just felt like posting this pic......

poster69321927.jpg

blacksheep10 said:
holy **** this board is getting some traffic. so much for the "good old boys club" . ****in midget

Wyatt......maybe we need to have a team meeting.......the PR department is clashing with maintenance :)

I remember catching up on the build thread for this one and everytime the kid (cruisertom) would post, Nolen would be right there with a cut down or just general **** talking. It is quite funny to read

I am kinda rough on Matt...he is harmless.

I had a hard time with him having such a pimp buggy is all. I guess there was a level of envy there, but mainly is just pissed me off........kinda like when Billy Joel was married to Christy Brinkey.

Matt O. said:
(cruisertom)
I think cruisertom was on here, houstonian.
coolcruiser was on the pirate and here now. named matt

Matt O. said:
everytime the kid would post, Nolen would be right there with a cut down or just general **** talking. It is quite funny to read

yeah, nolen was blatent, but it normally made me laugh unless it was a sensless and no merit insult. either way the drama is funny laughing1