• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hino Trucks

GIZMO1

Do any of you have experience with the new Hino 258 trucks ? I am about to order another shred truck and I am currently running Freightliner M2,s with great success but the new manufacturer I am looking at is only supplying Hino at the moment.

Thanks,

You mean like a paper shreader truck?
The wrecker company I work for has several roll backs, not sure if they are 258s. The biggest problem we have had is one that the turbo died on. Can't get a replacement or parts to fix it, been down almost a month. These guys beat the absolute **** out of them and they hold up pretty well, mostly have minor stuff go wrong with them. The guys break rear view mirrors all the time and other wrecker related stuff.

Just talked to pur diesel mechanic, he said they are 258s and where he used to work, they kept up a fleet for a company that had some with over 800k on them and still ran great.

I haven't drove a Hino since I delivered boxes back in '99. I beat the **** out of that thing for 6 months, even wrecked it once, still ran like a champ! Its mileage was in the 300k range, was a D2220 iirc.

I know some of the new ones have def problems. Have a buddy who has two and it's in the shop at least once every couple months

tkl2d said:
I know some of the new ones have def problems. Have a buddy who has two and it's in the shop at least once every couple months

I think that applies to every newer diesel engine equipped with that system. We go through it with the dodge diesels we have.

We have a hino 258 I orderd back in 2012. I absolutely love the truck. I don't think you will be disappointed with one.

I really hope I'm not the only dumb ass that doesn't know this, but what is a hino truck? I've been wanting to ask since this thread started. ???

Thank You everyone for the feedback, I placed the order this morning for a 2015 Hino 258 and I think it will compliment our fleet very well.

Thanks again,