• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holiday trips/sites

WTH

With Christmas season pretty much upon us what are some fun/good trips to take with the family? Could be seeing lights somewhere or festivals whatever. I am thinking about going to Rock City to see what they do with lights. Anyone been during Christmas? From the pictures I have seen it looks like it would be a good trip. Just looking for day trips or over night stays. I am in middle Tennesse but post up anything close to you, it might help someone else.

Dollywood always sucks balls, even worse in the cold.

Bristol Dragway and Speedway have a HUGE self guided drive through light thing, I like it best. Lets you drive on both tracks.

They usually have something at Smokies Stadium, same deal as above.

That's all I know of. I'm a huge Grinch, even with kids I hate everything that comes with Christmas except Christmas itself. I think the Christmas season should be about 3-5 days long.

I dont even remember where it was but there's a mineshaft they fill full of Christmas and let people drive through. I'll try and find it and edit this post
I always thought I looked like I would be fun to take the family through.

Found it. Caverns not mines. Louisville Kentucky apparently. If I ever make it east far enough hope I can add it to the list
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2NYmObMIiU

I'd rather sit on the couch and watch national lampoons Christmas vacation and eat too much food and a cold bee, Clark Griswald is the man!!!!! Christmas season is too long I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTH said:
With Christmas season pretty much upon us what are some fun/good trips to take with the family? Could be seeing lights somewhere or festivals whatever. I am thinking about going to Rock City to see what they do with lights. Anyone been during Christmas? From the pictures I have seen it looks like it would be a good trip. Just looking for day trips or over night stays. I am in middle Tennesse but post up anything close to you, it might help someone else.

I have been there during the Christmas holidays and it is pretty awesome. Took my wife and son and they loved it as well. Do you have small kids? Walking for them could get pretty tiring, if not, you'll enjoy it.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
I have been there during the Christmas holidays and it is pretty awesome. Took my wife and son and they loved it as well. Do you have small kids? Walking for them could get pretty tiring, if not, you'll enjoy it.

ADMINISTRATOR

I have been there before just not during Christmas. How crowded is it? Pretty sure we are going to go, glad to hear someone say its worth it.

We were thinking about renting a cabin in the smokies the day after Christmas and staying a few days, but most all of them are booked up already and the ones that are open are high as fawk with the holiday rates. Found the perfect one for us, $1,095 for 3 nights haha. HELL no. So we'll either be staying home and finding something to do closer to home or figure out a cheaper trip. We'll have little man the whole week, so it won't involve gambling or consuming large amounts of booze. Lol.

WTH said:
I have been there before just not during Christmas. How crowded is it? Pretty sure we are going to go, glad to hear someone say its worth it.

It was not annoyingly crowded at all. You could walk and stop without being trampled by every fat woman in bike shorts trying to let their Honey Boo Boo daughter see every single one of the 80 million lights. I live 3 hours from there and would do it again. Make a day trip out of it and go through the whole park with the caverns and such. All pretty good stuff. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Family, deer blind/stand, food, sleep, repeat. After working the resort/ski shop life for a long time I enjoy avoiding holiday crowds.