• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

holley pro-jection

I dont have any experience personaly but i have a very good friend that was running somekind of holley efi system on his 77 ford and did not have good luck with it what so ever... Tried and tried to get it to run right and consistent but could not. some days it would run great some days and then others that he could barely get to work..... he is a tech at a ford dealer and is very good at what he does, he is now gone back to edelbrock carb and is looking into doing a fuel injected 460 out of a newer f series pickup!

Ive got my pick between an older brand new holley model 502-1 or a holley commander 950? I think from what I can find is the first of the two is the problematic one. :mad:

I used one on my Scout for years and it worked fine. They are finiky to set up. Given that I would use a factory setup or a aftermarket type factory setup like I use now.
In my opinion this is the best stuff on the market by far.
http://www.dynamicefi.com/

I've used Howell TBI on a couple of rigs. It's worked well on a couple of rigs that had basically stock V8s. Howells nice because you can save money on junkyard parts. Their wiring harness was very easy to plug and play.

I'm running the TBI eldebrock EFI, & it works great. I did notice this past weekend, that it tends to load up when you're lugging 4 low 3rd gear using the motor torque to over come everything. Had trouble starting at higher elevations.
I added this kit to my existing Chev 350. If I had to do it all over again, I'd either put in a motor set up for EFI, or retro propane. After reading up on it, I should've gone propane, just for the $2/gal factor

yeah, we run a howell kit on our cj5 w/401 , working great for years,I just have a chance to pick up the holley kit for dirt cheap! both brand new.

I have used the Holley systems before.. in fact still have a couple laying around.

Once they are set up, they work pretty well.

I always used them with the closed loop add-on.

also, one thing that we found was to make sure the fuel pump supplys what the system needs and make sure your supply lines are 3/8, no smaller.

we tried it with using the factory lines on a couple rigs that were 5/16, and had nothing but troubles. Changed out the lines to 3/8 and everything was happy again..

Compared to a simple GM TBI setup they are a pain in the azz. Even with the digital system I have had to constantly tweek them...

Tired of the quadra:puke: loading up on steep hills. What about the holley truck avenger? Also have a chance to get a new one for good deal, just dont know much about them.

If I was to look for a donor gm with F/I whats the years and make. Im pretty sure my 91 suburban is the same as what I would need.

87-95 on the v8's is what ya wanna look for.

The only thing you will need besides that is a custom burned Prom....

Lower the loats on that puke.

You already hav ethe best offroad carb without breaking the bank. Just some tuning is needed.

Look up the QJ tips tricks for offroad.

We have a guy in our group that has been working on these carbs forever.He can get to run like no other,but eventually always cut out on side/steep hills. We ran the same carb on the cj5 for 15 yrs with issues of cutting out.Switched to howell and never again!!

Anyone have any experience with this style fuel injection? thinkink about putting it in a cj w/350 :beer:
I run GM Throttle Body Injection on both my rigs (TJ with GM350 & YJ with AMC401). This is an ideal fuel injection for Rimrock. Available both from wrecking yards or aftermarket suppliers.

I was always a Carter AFB fan. I've tricked them out, & they got pretty good milage, & ran well on side hills. The only disadvantage I found was going up verticles. That's why I switched to the EFI