• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Honda stand alone harness

whiskeymakin

I havnt torn into the donor car yet, don't really plan to harvest the factory harness either. I'm a lazy ass when it comes to wiring, especially when I'm used to Jims performance sending me one in the mail...
So, is it something easy to do yourself or is it a buy it now type thing. It's a 2000 accord, auto. I have no idea about any honda stuff other than what little I've researched. I'd like to see who, if anybody reworks these things for a decent price...
Just clean, plain and simple harness and computer ready to go is all I want

You said you don't plan to harvest the harness but it seems like you are asking how to redo a harvested harness.

Anyway ... you will hate pulling it. The harness on those cars is one gigantic harness for the entire vehicle. The engine harness snakes into the doors, though the roof, all the way back to the tail lights, into the interior, under the seats, etc. No connectors separating the engine from the body or anywhere else. (It's like this on American cars these days as well.)

You'll need to look into what control modules you have to keep vs. what can be done away with.

GM truck engines are almost made to be swapped. The entire engine harness separates from everything else with just a few connectors. They are like basic algebra and Honda harnesses are like calculus. I'm sure once its pulled 80% can be eliminated though, just like everything else.

That being said, I'm sure there are many companies that are the Honda equivalent of Jim's. I just don't know them.

patooyee said:
You said you don't plan to harvest the harness but it seems like you are asking how to redo a harvested harness.

Anyway ... you will hate pulling it. The harness on those cars is one gigantic harness for the entire vehicle. The engine harness snakes into the doors, though the roof, all the way back to the tail lights, into the interior, under the seats, etc. No connectors separating the engine from the body or anywhere else. (It's like this on American cars these days as well.)

You'll need to look into what control modules you have to keep vs. what can be done away with.

GM truck engines are almost made to be swapped. The entire engine harness separates from everything else with just a few connectors. They are like basic algebra and Honda harnesses are like calculus. I'm sure once its pulled 80% can be eliminated though, just like everything else.

That being said, I'm sure there are many companies that are the Honda equivalent of Jim's. I just don't know them.

I was asking just incase it was some stupid simple stuff I could do, but pretty much know im going to buy one made up.