• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How many is to many?

Re: How many is to many?

I will be selling this truck here in a couple of weeks, 1 owner, bought new here in town, has only 162k miles. It's a 2002 and a real good truck, been using it. The man was in his 60's that had it, which is good for me because it's all original and had not been ****ed with like kids do them now.
7f43bc9774b74302f4641fb7d930b728.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That thing looks good for a 02. Let me know when you decide to sell, might have my mind made up by then on if I want a payment or not ha!

jeeptj99 said:
That thing looks good for a 02. Let me know when you decide to sell, might have my mind made up by then on if I want a payment or not ha!

Sounds like since its something that you don't really "need" and aren't set on just any one brand, there's a chance you may sell one day. You want to make sure you buy something that will hold it's value. I'm not pushing Chevy/GMC because of brand loyalty, it's just that those are great trucks, look good, and the majority of buyers out there are looking for those trucks, not 10+ year old Fords and Dodges.

The 3/4 ton gasser that I had sold for $16,500 a couple years ago. It was an 06 GMC 2500HD 4x4 SLE (middle trim model) with 130k miles. **** fuel mileage, but sold within a week of listing it and I had 3 people in line to buy it if the first guy backed out. It was then I knew I listed it a little too cheap. BUT, I owned it for 5 years, traded a 2002 Z06 Corvette for it and some boot, and wound up with $17,300 in the truck in stock form. It had 94k miles on it when I got it. I put some wheels and tires on it, and that was pretty much it over the course of the 5 years I owned it. Then sold it for $16,500 after using it for 5 years and 36k miles later. I feel like I done pretty well on that. Wouldn't have worked out like that if it were a half ton Dodge. :flipoff1:

With anything under 150k miles being considered "low" on these trucks, mine only has a little over 120k miles on it now, I could drive it another 2-3 years and still sell it for what I gave for it, should I decide to do so. That's a good feeling. The market is so different for Chevy/GMC half tons than Dodges. They are like Polaris in the sxs world, which owns 3/4 of the market share. If you took a population sample of 25 people and asked them which half ton they'd rather have around those year models and only gave the choice of chevy/gmc or Dodge, 24 would say Chevy/GMC and 1 would say Dodge, because surely out of 25 random people, yer bound to pick one that's a little retarded. :flipoff1:

Yeah sounds like you got a deal there. My mind isn't made up and I don't necessarily need the truck, but I need a truck ha. I'm tired of driving the dodge everyday and spending more on fuel, and shifting gears and trying to talk on the phone and write **** down.

So instead of having two trucks, why not shoot for something that does both jobs, i.e. a nice truck that you can pick up bitches in and something that will still tow the fawk out of whatever you need to pull?

For the money, those 3/4 ton gassers are hard to beat. Nice trucks and can be found for reasonable money, then sell that wore out Dodge you got molaugh

I'd recommend a Duramax, but there's a big price gap between those and the gasser 3/4 tons.

Re: Re: How many is to many?

TacomaJD said:
So instead of having two trucks, why not shoot for something that does both jobs, i.e. a nice truck that you can pick up bitches in and something that will still tow the fawk out of whatever you need to pull?

AKA a Chevy!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

And there is the option of a 1500HD. Which is a half ton truck, bigger drivetrain, 6.0 engine, and I believe most if not all come with 3:73 gears instead of the 4:10's trucks like my old 2500HD gasser came with, which helps on fuel mileage.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-1500-hd/6278477719.html

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-1500-hd/6282466311.html

TacomaJD said:
And there is the option of a 1500HD. Which is a half ton truck, bigger drivetrain, 6.0 engine, and I believe most if not all come with 3:73 gears instead of the 4:10's trucks like my old 2500HD gasser came with, which helps on fuel mileage.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-1500-hd/6278477719.html

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-1500-hd/6282466311.html

That red truck is a pretty good deal, especially if someone wanted a lifted truck (I wouldn't, but that **** does cost money)

If you don't "need" a truck bed, suburbans can be found significantly cheaper than trucks.

TBItoy said:
That red truck is a pretty good deal, especially if someone wanted a lifted truck (I wouldn't, but that **** does cost money)

If you don't "need" a truck bed, suburbans can be found significantly cheaper than trucks.

I thought the same thing. That red truck has low miles and looks to be in great shape. You could take all that **** off of it if desired too.

My YJ has 260,000 on it and I've been beating the piss out of it since 2007...... It's mechanically in better shape than alot of vehicles under 100,000.....

It's all about how it's been used and maintained..... personally I would MUCH rather have one that's been used HARD and maintained than one that's been babied where everything is worn and ready to fail as soon as it sees some real use

If I found a killer deal on a duramax truck I'd sell my dodge. Like I said I'm just starting to look at what's out there good and hard now. Literally one day my truck may be hauling lumber or a door for work and the next I may be hooked to a trailer hauling hay on the farm.

On a side note my batteries decided today that apparently they don't want to work anymore. Or the alternator haven't had time to figure out why it had no juice and had to be jumped off. Batteries are old they have been in the truck since before I got it about 7 years ago so I guess it's due for some. Takes a lot to get that old bitch fired up.

jeeptj99 said:
If I found a killer deal on a duramax truck I'd sell my dodge.

That would be a mistake.

Also, unlike all of the stupid ass bullshit comments that have been made here......a 2009 & up RAM 1500 with a HEMI in it will out do a similar GM truck with a LS in every way. So what if the resale value might not be as high.....still haven't seen any proof of that btw. I promise you it is a nicer truck that rides better, will outrun and will outpull a similarly equipped GM 1500.

I'm offended that yer offended by stupid ass bullshit comments! Lmao, I'm not sure how to prove resale value other than buying one of each and seeing which one sells first, but I gaurantee it wouldn't be the Dodge. How many do you see on the road vs people driving Chevy/GMC half tons 4:1, 5:1? Maybe even more?

:stir:

I wouldn't say that I'm offended. I take a lot of **** for driving Mopars.....but being called a retard is not part of the deal.

Why don't you Google it and you will see that 2009 to present it will not be 5:1 or 4:1. There are a lot of GM and Ford 1/2 tons on the road because they sell a lot of cheap ass base model trucks to municipalities and companies.

MoparMan said:
I wouldn't say that I'm offended. I take a lot of **** for driving Mopars.....but being called a retard is not part of the deal.

Why don't you Google it and you will see that 2009 to present it will not be 5:1 or 4:1. There are a lot of GM and Ford 1/2 tons on the road because they sell a lot of cheap ass base model trucks to municipalities and companies.

You gotta learn one thing, don't take anything I say seriously Lol. The retard comment was a satirical prod. Do you really think I think yer a retard just because you own a Dodge? No.. And don't tempt me to do some Googlin' now! I'll do it, I'm good at it! (kidding again)

I'm not talking about trucks used for work. Go to Arbys. Go to Walmart. Just don't go to a parts store, that's where the Dodges hang out! (more satire) Look around you when you are at a busy intersection and count how many half ton Chevy/GMC's you see then count how many half ton Dodge's you see. That's not something I pulled out of my ass or Googled, it's very apparent there are way more Chevy/GMC half tons on the road as personal vehicles than Dodge half tons. Especially in the years we've been discussing - 2003ish-2007ish comparing apples to apples year model-wise. Most Dodge trucks I see are single rear wheel Cummins trucks. And most municiple, utility, company, fleet whatever trucks I see are rarely half tons, they are mostly 3/4 ton mininum, which means I wouldn't even be counting them (I wasn't counting anything but personal vehicles from the start anyways).

Poll the audience, maybe it's a regional thing.

What do you see more of on the road in your area? Chevy/GMC or Dodge? Remember, half tons only and personal vehicles only.

Go!

All I ever notice is minivans from Ohio and their clueless drivers. They have my undivided attention, and hate. Mostly hate, maybe a little pity. Scratch that, exclusively hate. Yup.

Re:

Statistical analysis just done when I left work. Out of about 50ish vehicles in the parking lot, there were 7 chevy half tons counting mine, and only 1 Dodge half ton.

Also noted were 3 chevy 3/4 tons, only 1 dodge cummins dually (no 3/4 tons), and one Dodge Durango as honorable mention. Literally 3 Dodges in the whole parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dodge doesn't even make trucks... they make shipping crates for cummins engines..... they are so embarrassed by those things they sell as trucks that they don't even put their name on them... they call em ram instead..... :dunno: