• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Iceman's 'Zuk Exo

TMFabrication

Iceman's 'Zuk Exo...Finished Pics at the Bottom of Thread

Here's some pics.
IMG_5239.sized.jpg

IMG_5237.sized.jpg

Used almost 120' of 1.5x.120" and most of a stick of 1". When the soft top is on the only bar you can see from the driver's view is the windshield and hood bars. Iceman is painting it (I don't do paint) and will have it out on the trails soon after I put a new R&P in the rear and figure out why the trans (A340H) lost 2,3,& 4th gear again.

Crash, what do you know about Toyota autos?

Last edited:
TMFabrication said:
Crash, what do you know about Toyota autos?

I have toyed(no pun intended) a little with them. But I have found its WAY cheaper to find a used replacement that even consider putting any hard parts into them.

crash said:
I have toyed(no pun intended) a little with them. But I have found its WAY cheaper to find a used replacement that even consider putting any hard parts into them.
Yeah, this is #2 used in a couple of months. I guess it is time to dop the ECU and start checking stuff. It's so tight in that trans tunnel, I really don't want to replace it again until I know why they are failing.

I'll post up a build thread on the 'Zuk here as soon as I get a little time:redneck:

thanks Brent.........gunna bang hard off of stuff now....if anybody needs a cage....I'ld suggest taking a close look at it....he can make um anyway you want um.....it's basically my thoughts and he put it together.:tank:

So, how much does a cage like that cost? I realize the price will vary a little, just need to get a ballpark estimate. :whistling:

This one was in the $1500+ neighborhood. It really comes down to the amount to time and tube in the project. Larger vehicles may be more, less extravagent cages may be a little less. Prices and mileage may vary, :D

We got the exo painted and finished finally. I have a few more details on the 'Zuk to finish up before it gets back to the trail, but the exo is done :D
IMG_5262.sized.jpg

IMG_5254.sized.jpg

Mike found some nice folding mirros at Bent Bike.
IMG_5259.sized.jpg

IMG_5260.sized.jpg

I want one more picture if possible.? Right at the bottom of the doors... Is that a flat piece of steel? It looks very close if not touching the body. Is it welded to the body? welded to the frame? How does that whole section come together? There tube underneath we just cant see?
:Good:

1.5x.120 tube welded to the body sides and to the pinch-weld, then 1/4" plate welded to the body and then welded to the tube with 2 stringers coming from the tube to the frame underneith out towards the ends where the exo mounts. It took a while to do, but I don't think it will ever come apart.
IMG_4352.sized.jpg

Nice work Mr.Trople..I like doing "rub rails" and such this way also ..while others take the easy way and use box or rect. tube...yes it is etra work but it is what sets a ''fabricator'' and a ''welder guy'' apart...My hat's off to you .:cool: ..and good luck with your endevor of the business....BUT keep and eye in your rearview mirror cause I'm comming...:tank: ...hahahahah

Good luck to you too, there are plenty of cars and trucks out there to work on you're good at what you do. It's the guys that aren't so good that always complain that there are too many people doing what they do. Crash and guys like him that have the skills and take pride in their work will always be busy and in demand. (I know there are others out there, I just have seen a lot of his work in past theads and it's :cool: )