• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If looks could kill.........

Also what wheels are you guys running that you can narrow both sides with for the tlt axles? I forget wgat ones I am running but I was only able to narrow the inner portion...

crash said:
So what tires are those--I want a set :D

Like VMG said, they are 2.2 red rocks, but you need 8 of then to make the tire I have. You basically have to cut up a set of new tires and glue the extra tread on the other set to fill the gap between tread on a stock tire.

The glue you use is IC 2000, which is a rubberized CA glue you get at HT.

I didn't glue the lugs on separately, but cut out the lugs with the tread carcass sill under them.

If you haven't done this before you could screw up a set of tires real easy and be out $80.

I could do a set up for ya and foams but it wouldn't exactly be cheap.

You would have to round up 4 Masher foams, 8 Imex RR's, a bottle of glue, and some time, like 2 to 3 hours worth.

Masher foams, $$???

8 RR's, $80

IC 2000, $7.00

and time, ?? well I'm not cheap but we could work out something Mike.

send a pm if your serious.

These are the most expensive tires I have ever done I think, but well worth it if you want what we all want, the ultimate RC crawler. :D

The funny thing is now I have to re spring this sucka and do new weight of oil in the shocks, more $$$$$$$. :wtf: :redneck:

crash said:
Also what wheels are you guys running that you can narrow both sides with for the tlt axles? I forget wgat ones I am running but I was only able to narrow the inner portion...
That depends on what you want Mike, they have a new wheel out I know you would really dig. I will get a pic of them up tonight with them mounted up on Mashers and Moabs.

Look for a new thread on those.

I have 2 full sets of the new RPM wheels.

Todd1803 said:
Not to go off topic, but since you brought up narrowing........ Should I single or double narrow for m2k's?
Don't mess with M2k's they don't need it. You will just hurt the tires performance. I have messed with these tire for 2 years now and it isn't worth it.

Here are some examples of what I have done.

attachment.php

Dude said:
Don't mess with M2k's they don't need it. You will just hurt the tires performance. I have messed with these tire for 2 years now and it isn't worth it.

attachment.php
Geez you have played around with a variety of styles. No wonder you're so good at putting those Red Rocks together.

The ones on the far right are what I ran on my first crawler 2 years ago, the "Lil Bitch".

Look for "Lil Bitch 2" coming up in the future. :D

search for "I was a noob once" in this forum, you will see the "Lil Bitch" TJ 10.

Dude said:
The ones on the far right are what I ran on my first crawler 2 years ago, the "Lil Bitch".

Look for "Lil Bitch 2" coming up in the future. :D

search for "I was a noob once" in this forum, you will see the "Lil Bitch" TJ 10.
Oh I have seen it already. So will Lil Bitch 2 be brushless?

Dude said:

attachment.php

Dude - I wasn't planning on messing with the tires, I was just wondering if I should narrow both the inner and outer beads of the wheels?

Todd1803 said:
Dude - I wasn't planning on messing with the tires, I was just wondering if I should narrow both the inner and outer beads of the wheels?
what kind of wheels?

Stock Traxxas Stampede / Rustler fronts, same as I have my Moabs on.

They may be doing double duty on a shafty once I get around to building it, if that matters.

Todd1803 said:
Stock Traxxas Stampede / Rustler fronts, same as I have my Moabs on.

They may be doing double duty on a shafty once I get around to building it, if that matters.
Just narrow the inside, real easy on those. Just cut the lip off and then take off what is left done to the webbing or take some of the webbing down too.

Then when you go to glue the inner bead back on just flip it and it will fit over the rim nicely for a true fit. I use thick CA from Hobby Town, the stuff is RC weld. :cool:

what shafty? a TLT?? or a Super?? I am going to be doing up a TXT axled tuber before Goldendale.