Which one?

• CTM U-Joints

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Chromo Shafts

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Boobies

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters
I was talking to Aaron tonight about his pole :haha: and I told him that I would rather do the shafts, as the joints are easier/cheaper to replace.

That being said, we both agree that both should be done. I, myself, feel that all the stuff inside will be kosher, leaving the hub as the "weak" point, once again! I want my hub to be strong, but also have it be the fail-point. Easy to repair and very easy to carry as a spare!!:;

Aaron... :kissmyass:

Here's a question, where are we getting spicer joint's nowaday's? Now that Dana/ Spicer is out of business are we living off of a stockpile, or is somebody else making them?
Huh? Dana's not out of business....? :eeek: I heard they restructured but not that they completely shut down.

I wouldn't buy one without the other. I'd never buy CTM's. There design is weaker and not going to last as long as longfields. Bobby's are stronger than CTM's will ever be.

I would rather have Boobies than either.:beer:

I wouldn't buy one without the other. I'd never buy CTM's. There design is weaker and not going to last as long as longfields. Bobby's are stronger than CTM's will ever be.

x2...on all of thee above

I guess I should have clarified on the "CTM" thing, i really meant just a stronger than stock u-joint, that was more than $20 to replace... I figured I would just go with a known name as an example.

I was talking to Aaron tonight about his pole :haha: and I told him that I would rather do the shafts, as the joints are easier/cheaper to replace.

That being said, we both agree that both should be done. I, myself, feel that all the stuff inside will be kosher, leaving the hub as the "weak" point, once again! I want my hub to be strong, but also have it be the fail-point. Easy to repair and very easy to carry as a spare!!:;

Aaron... :kissmyass:

My pole seems to be the topic of many of our "discussions":;

I guess if it came down to it I would get the alloy shafts first. You will be able to use a full circle clip and the Stock spicers seem to hold up alright. I don't have a ton of experience with the spicer stuff(always ran ctm or alloy joints) But from the few people I have talked to they are plenty strong enough to last while you save a few buck for the Alloy Joints.

I would have to say that all my 60 shaft/joint carnage started with elongation of the lobes/ears.Even with the joints welded in I would say the shafts failed first.Stock shafts with stock"ish" joints under fairly adverse conditions.

Well I am running yukons with stock joints with zero problems so far and I haven't been nice to the front.... But it came donw to $$$--ran outa $$$ to put good joints in when I hit that point and if I was to do it again I would have tossed something other than a stocker...

I run Warn shafts and Spicer joints. . .no problemo as long as I keep the ARB turned off if the wheels aren't pointed straight.

Since the poll was to make a choice, that is what I would choose. 'moly shafts and spicer joints.

Now, if I can figure out how to keep all of this other shiat from breaking all the time. . .

I run Warn shafts w/ CTMs and I think its a good combo. I have broken my share of stock, yukon and warn shafts and spicer, CTMs u-joints. Usually my driveline spicer joint will go before the axels but when they go its always the CTM caps blowing off. If I keep off the gas they work great.

Joints?

HMM just want to jump in on this one.. I have been down almost all thos roads. AAAAANNNNNDD now i have been happy with the 760X and welding the caps to the axles. alll the way around ...full welds. Not deep just enough. welding with the axle in a cut out coolant container to keep the seals from torchin up. my friend Jeremy gave me this idea and I have never been able to beat the crap out of that dana 44 front end EVER like this...Still have the same axles and stubs and still beating it..Yes FULL throttle hopping up a 25ft nearly straight up mud slide hills kickin sideways pedalin out in slime covered stumps an roots...the whole 9...The bad ..is that if i do kill it the whole thing goes in the recylce bin ..:cool:

Latest posts