• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

is 115" wb to long

cameron_garrison

ok so im going to move my front axle forward when i swap in the 1-tons im and i can get 115 before i cut into the cab do you guys think that is short enough or do you guys think i should section the cab down to its a crewcab frontier

ok so im going to move my front axle forward when i swap in the 1-tons im and i can get 115 before i cut into the cab do you guys think that is short enough or do you guys think i should section the cab down to its a crewcab frontier

its all preference... personally i wouldnt go over 105". Do what works for you:awesomework:

im building it to were it fits on the trails better around here im tired of driving a limo 131" wb so do you guys think it would fit up in reiter and evans

I am at 115" and it works good but when I build my buggy it will be around 106-108". I am just tired of 100 point turns lol.

try 125":fawkdancesmiley: :haha: and the turning radius of a small soccer field. somehow i manage to get through stuff without backing up, in places where others have too:wtf:

IMO 105" is ideal, for my build, given the size of my body I went with 107" for the best aproach and departure. I think 115" is a little long, but just use you're best judgement on what is going to benefit you the most.

what do you mean by sectioning the cab? like chopping a foot out of the whole cab? less? would the rear doors work still? if thats what you are talkin about then yeah that would be extra cool. flatbed and move rear foreward?

My last rig was 116". If you don't care about what it looks like it works great, but the turning radius is not that desirable on tight trails. I will be 108-112" with my next trail rig.:beer:

I'm at 121"................longer is better!! :fawkdancesmiley:

At least in the big rocks down south. :kissmyass:

what imean by sectioning is just like bobing but to the cab taking 5-8" out welding the rear doors shut and moving the axle to right behind the cab and tubing out the back . does anyone know if a tubed back half is street legal if i have the proper fender coverege im at 131 right now and im tired of having to back up and crap to make turns.

as long as you have fenders and mudflaps of some sort it should be fine.

my truck is at 115", i think it is a little long, especially considering that i love tight trails, but i really dont have much of a problem most of the time with it, if i do, i usually only have to make 3 point turns.

what imean by sectioning is just like bobing but to the cab taking 5-8" out welding the rear doors shut and moving the axle to right behind the cab and tubing out the back . does anyone know if a tubed back half is street legal if i have the proper fender coverege im at 131 right now and im tired of having to back up and crap to make turns.

As long as you have flaps and some tin work over the top of your tires you should be all right.