• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is anyone actually riding?

I quit riding around 4 years ago. Everything local closed. (Nearest is 3.5 hrs.) Guess it happened as my interest was starting to wane.

Most all of the group I rode with have sold their rigs. I Sold my big Yellow Jeep three years ago to a friend. Then I built a 3" lift on 33s XJ for my Granddaughter, She and I have been riding with him, mostly at Uwharrie. Granddaughter drives and I spot (and panic) from the right seat.

I do miss the hardcore off-roading with our group. Those trips were some of the best times I've ever had. I do have a small streetable TJ and an LS I've been trying to decide to build. Its been hard for me to get motivated again, when I look around here and it seems off-roading is becoming "frowny face" grills and rubber ducks!:(

Or... I'm 67 and I might just be getting tired!:unsure:
I agree with the grills and ducks. Ducks are one of the stupidest things I've seen since the light bar phase.

I have not been on a ride in over four years....I know, WTF ?. That being said, I plan on getting back after it soon. I have almost finished getting the YJ ready to ride. I will post some updates on it soon. Trying to get my buddy motivated to finish his TJ so we can go do a shakedown run. Does anyone know if Steve still has River Rock open ? It's the closest park we have (Tallahassee,FL)

I've just been building. Haven't gone out in a while. Trying to get my Jeep done. The body is off to paint at the moment got the frame and suspension and axles everything down below is done.

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_185343205.jpg
    IMG_20230201_185343205.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 69
Not riding currently. I ripped my rear axle UCA brackets off the frame last year at Harlan for OSCAR X. Since then the Jeep has been going through some reiterations. Just haven't had the amount of time I'd like to put toward the Jeep right now (or the money lol)

Like I stated before. I suffered a pretty bad injury march 30th at work. Tore both my quads completely off both knees. Spent a week in hospital after surgery and im still in a nursing home doing rehab. They say I got at least 3 weeks to go before I can go home. But I think I will be home sooner. Therapy is going great. Passing every goal they set with ease, this is not been a easy journey but hopefully I will make a full recovery and return to work. That All being said. I won't probably being wheeling this summer. Im holding onto my cabin at Harlan for the October ride, my buddies say im going wether or not I take my sxs or just sit at cabin and relax. We will see.
Keep the awesome riding pics coming. Love em all.

I've retired and thanks to Brandon, I can't afford it anymore. The rocks are 5-6 hours from my house, minimum, so wheeling trips cut into the budget pretty hard. I still have my rig, I'm currently working on it to get it ready to sell. I was blessed to wheel for over 20 years and I met a lot of really good people and have had some great times. Time flies, my friend, enjoy life while you can.

I put on 40 lbs and ride the couch. The covid years blew apart what few where left out if the group I used to do stuff with. I sold the land cruiser and got a rzr trying to stay relevant, then all the s.o.b.'s got rid of theirs. Having to tow 3 plus hours to hit dirt plus the glorified golf cart breaking every trip keeps me from going by myself. I think if I ever get out of this funk I'm just gonna put 33's on something and drive fire roads.

I ride a little still getting back in pretty heavy tho I'm building a new rig at the moment but wheeling my jeep

Attachments

• 6128447B-781D-4644-9A1A-5CE7AB891A60.jpeg
    6128447B-781D-4644-9A1A-5CE7AB891A60.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 65
  • FE0C4962-63CB-45A1-B687-238490F9529E.jpeg
    FE0C4962-63CB-45A1-B687-238490F9529E.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 58
  • B1AAE18B-85D1-4D63-8CFE-16CD02633AC7.jpeg
    B1AAE18B-85D1-4D63-8CFE-16CD02633AC7.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 65
I quit riding around 4 years ago. Everything local closed. (Nearest is 3.5 hrs.) Guess it happened as my interest was starting to wane.

Most all of the group I rode with have sold their rigs. I Sold my big Yellow Jeep three years ago to a friend. Then I built a 3" lift on 33s XJ for my Granddaughter, She and I have been riding with him, mostly at Uwharrie. Granddaughter drives and I spot (and panic) from the right seat.

I do miss the hardcore off-roading with our group. Those trips were some of the best times I've ever had. I do have a small streetable TJ and an LS I've been trying to decide to build. Its been hard for me to get motivated again, when I look around here and it seems off-roading is becoming "frowny face" grills and rubber ducks!:(

I'll ride URE with you anytime Ol Jeeps. My youngest son (13) is timid with the super hardcore stuff, but he really wants to ride. URE would make a great day trip every once in a while.

Haven't been ridin in quite a few years__crawler sits in the barn looking lonely__still capable__not broken__just waiten

In an effort to start another ignorant thread... that could be considered "general discussion"... is anybody actually riding anymore? I know a few on here who ride but most my friends who do ride arent on here. So where you riding at? Post pictures? Excuses welcome here also.

We ride Windrock (best park in the southeast :****:) every chance we get and manage to stumble to harlan and aop a few times a year.
I hit KOH Then Sand Hollow then 3 peaks on a 2 week trip. Then another 2 week wheelen trip to Trail Hero and Moon Rocks (Reno) Pic & Pull, Prison Hill & 3 peeks. Also a few week long trips to Cline Butt in OR, & Funny Rocks / Moon Rocks in Naches WA. Then there is several times to Reiter Foothills & Walker Valley. O, I also hit Elby Hills.

Still riding. We hit mostly easy trails as I wheel with a lot of new guys, but at least they get out on a regular basis. We wheel GWNF trails mostly but we did hit Uwharrie last fall over Thanksgiving weekend.

I dont ride as much as I want, been working on house an dumb stuff. Have gone to windrock once this year with the big jeep an just got back from AOP with the lil crawler good times!
20230311_110625.jpg
VideoCapture_20230508-175128.jpg

QUITTER.... Miss ya dude.

I still ride, never as much as i would like, but i still spend 60-70 hours in the shop per week. Don't do forums much anymore. Most social media activity is to promote my fab business. It really consumed a lot of time to try to update all the forums like I used to.

New CutlerFab buggy and a few others I've turned out in last couple years.
FB_IMG_1675221665774.jpg
20221128_162245.jpg