• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Its almost over.

Woodlee

Well guys it almost over. Whats that you ask KOH isn't until next week, It is just getting started!!!!!

Well yeah it is but here is the deal. You have to be ready for it!!!!! That is what is almost over for me. it is 2:30 am on Friday morning and I will give you guys a quick recap on what all has been going on here this past few days.

After we rode all weekend in Grey rock at the Fall Crawl we felt pretty good that the buggy was in pretty good shape the race Mechanically so we were excited! It was great to drive the buggy on some common ground to compare it to other vehicles that I had been in before. I really like the rig. It is easy to drive and peels out nicely. :woot:

But on Sunday the transmission seemed a little wired to me how it was acting and when I pulled the dip stick the fluid smelled a little burnt.

Monday we loaded up the buggy and headed out to do some shock tuning with the spare tire strapped to the back. That went well and the buggy rides REALY well with the spare on there. So we did enough tuning to call it good until we get to the Hammers and actually tune for the environment that we are going to be running in.

The trans still seemed funny so then I proceeded to make sure if it was going out or it is just the way this tranny was going to act. After a good long 1 hour thrashing in Hi range it was apparent that the transmission was going out.

So we headed back to the shop and took the trans out of the buggy to look through and see what was wrong.

Long story short Tranny was bad had to get a new one built and put back in.

And then all of the finish up work began to get this thing ready for KOH.

It has been more work to to get this thing ready than I could have ever imagined. From just making sure that every thing was on there and in the best shape it could be to dealing with all of the rules to pass tech inspection. Last week was long but this week has been terrible!

First off My Granny fell on Monday and had to have her hip replaced in emergency surgery but every thing is OK with her and she is on the road to recovery.

I got here Monday morning and worked until about 2 am. Then got back up and went in a 9 and was there until I passed out sitting in my buggy with my helmet on trying to check for head clearance to the window net mounts. Dad woke me up laughing about 8am and I went to the store got a biscuit and came back to the shop to work until 4:45am Thursday morn when I passed out on a moving blanket throw ed out on the shop floor. I woke up Thursday morning about 7:30 . We were supposed to leave this day and I worked until about 11am and I couldn't take any more. I told the guys at the shop we would just have to leave Friday instead of Thursday. So I went home and went to bed for some rest. Woke up at 4 pm and finished packing clothes and then went and saw my Granny in the hospital. Got back here right at 8 pm and all I like is just finishing up a few things.

It is peaceful here right now this late. There is no body around but me and the buggy. After my mid day sleep yesterday I am wide awake packing tools and finishing up all the little things and making sure every thing is 100% before we head out . I am just glad that this last battle is almost over and I am looking forward to the drive out to clear my head and get rested up for another long week.

The buggy dose not even look like the same rig as I had at Grey Rock two weeks ago. Some have seen some cell phone picks of the body but it just looks so different now all skinned out and ready to go.

I have to give so many thanks to guys that have helped out around here with it and the guys that are going out this year to support us. I could not have pulled this off on my own by no means and I could not have even thought about competing with out all of their support and dedication to the team.

I'm glad it is almost over and I cant wait to see what awaits us on the other side of the country.

Wow, that is a busy week. That is also the life of a racer! booyang
Glad you got everything put together and everone is doing good
Now go kick some west-coast ASS! :eat:

Good to hear about your grandmother. Glad you have it all together now. Looking forward to having a beer or 20 on the lakebed next week :dblthumb:

Glad to hear Granny is going to be alright. With that said, it's time to go and show the west coast weenies how the South was won, not bought. Give em hell bro, and looking forward to seeing you and everyone else back here soon. GOOD LUCK. :driving: :driving: :driving: :driving:

Good to hear granny is o.k My grandmother done the same thing about 8 years ago and she was back at it pushing a lwn mower in about half the time they said it would take to recover adn she was 82 at the time.

Good look at the hammers. :dblthumb:

Next stop Cali fornication !! Hang in there Adam your on the down hill slide now, go have some fun kick some ass and enjoy the view !! :driving:

See you soon man ! :dblthumb:

I like those 2 hour sleep weeks too. good times. I never fall asleep in the dungeon though. might get drug off by one of the creatures lurking in the dark shadows. The week before hannibal I was getting up for work at 5:15 and leaving the shop at 2. go home, shower, get my **** ready for work then next day and even knocked a hunk off one night laughing1 glad you're ready and its always all worth it. every time.

Lots of work for sure - but got yourself on hell of a rig out of the deal.

Oh and btw it sounds fawking awesome :****:

Glad to hear your granny is doing o.k. I will be paying close attention next week, and will be pulling for you to win this thing! I know if there is anybody that will give it a 100% it will be you. Your dedication and enthusiasum always comes through. Good luck and go show some of those west coast wheelers what the Souhern boys can do when they get their mind right! thumb.gif Also, wanted to say good luck to Matt and P. May the "Force" be with both teams!! :woot: :woot:

Almost forgot about Adam Carter! May the "Force" be with him and Pop also. Good luck to all! thumb.gif

Glad to hear you pulled through all of it Adam and will represent the southern builders. As far as your grandma, as long as she follows the rehab instructions for her hip she should be good to go. My wife is going on 2 years with her fake hip. She was only 28 when it was done so a lot more active than most people who have it done. She was told she can't go running or skiing or things like that but otherwise good to go. I tried getting the doctor to prescribe good suspension seats for the Jeep so insurance would have to pay for them!

Latest posts