• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Running over pets

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
I want to hear your thoughts on this matter.

I see countless posts all the time on Facespace, or hear people in person say how someone ran over their dog or whatever animal and didn't even stop to check on it or try to contact the owner. One douchebag literally said "It should be a felony!" To which I replied informing him of his ignorance.

I understand the emotional attachment to pets, but that motherfucker does not have any right away in the road! If your pet wonders aimlessly into the road and gets mashed, that is the owner's fault. I know it seems like someone took your beloved Roofus from you, but the only thing that contributed to that was owner neglect. We have a black lab, stays on a 25' cable leash tied to a tree in the back yard near his house and water/food. He has a 50' diameter to play in while leashed, dry/warm house and plenty shade from trees. Then every evening when the wife and kid get home (while I'm at work), they let him off for hours while they are there to watch him. He normally stays out of the road, but even then we have caught him in the pond across the road.

If I'm going about my day and someone's dog suddenly runs out in front of me where I cannot avoid hitting him for my own safety, **** that dog. My life in the 4k lb machine rolling down the road at 50-60mph is much more important than anyone's pet in this world. What would stopping to check on the runover dog do? I ain't carrying it to the vet. I understand the bit of respect played in notifying the owner, but at that same time you may notify them and they lose their **** and become confrontational. I ain't stopping and talking to anyone, that's ridiculous. Half the time I ain't got the time to stop and bullshit with anybody anyway.

Lmao! My thoughts exactly, the last one I got, I was in a roll back with 2 cars running about 50, lil ****er just ran out in front of me, no stopping that train, just grab another gear and go.

If it was someone I know, I would stop and tell them.....I don't know you, I'm rolling.

A couple of years I had a dog got hit at about 4:30am as I was getting ready for work. The dog was fine, but the young girl that hit him was in tears. I had to comfort her for about 10 minutes before she would drive away. I had to keep telling her my dog is stupid ( Dumbest dog I've ever owned ) and It was his and my fault for being out in the road in the first place.

My company put it in my head 14 years ago, we do not swerve or hard brake for animals and I now live by this
About 2 months ago me and the woman going to town and a cat runs right in front of me outta no where, I let off the throttle and never hit brake, curvy road anyway, thump thump, she was pissed at me, grandson who is 4 said paw paw his tails still wagging, I said he's waving bye bye to ya buddy, she almost laughed as she was about to cry. I didn't try to hit it but I didn't try hard not to either. She still calls me a asshole for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 weeks ago a person swerved to avoid a deer and hit another car and they crashed hard and car caught fire and they died, no pet but that car isn't worth ur life

Zjman said:
2 weeks ago a person swerved to avoid a deer and hit another car and they crashed hard and car caught fire and they died, no pet but that car isn't worth ur life

Precisely, as most instances I would encounter pets would be on 2 lane roads whereas swerving means either ditch/trees or oncoming traffic. I understand the attachment, but I just can't understand why folks can't remove the emotion and look at it for what it really is. It seems pretty simple to me. The wife was wanting our dog to be free range, but I knew that would lead to 1.) chewing up neighbors' **** and 2.) getting ran over and going through all that ****. I wanted to fence in the backyard but we settled on the cheaper cable leash option, which has worked out great so far.

Back in high school, I had an old mud truck. One morning I was stopped waiting on a little boy to cross the road to get on the bus. When the sign closed on the bus, I started going and my truck made a slight jump. I looked over and saw the mom screaming, then looked up at the bus and the kids were crying. I had hit the boys dog and being a dog person, I felt like ****. I did get out and apologized then helped her bury the dog. It was a bad day haha

DallasBlade said:
Back in high school, I had an old mud truck. One morning I was stopped waiting on a little boy to cross the road to get on the bus. When the sign closed on the bus, I started going and my truck made a slight jump. I looked over and saw the mom screaming, then looked up at the bus and the kids were crying. I had hit the boys dog and being a dog person, I felt like ****. I did get out and apologized then helped her bury the dog. It was a bad day haha

See there would be cases like this that would change things. I would probably done what you did given those circumstances. But just your average dog in the highway getting hit on backroad with nobody around, nah keeping on driving.

My neighbor has a 3 legged dog. Son of a bitch looks both ways before crossing the road now....... :****:

I'm not a big animal person. Cool dogs are awesome and I believe in feeding a cat enough so that it doesn't run off and eat the mice out of the shop/barn, but I am not an animal lover. By any means.

My cornwell guy told me about one of his customers once. Said he accidently ran over the kids dog. Said he felt bad cause the wife and kids were really upset but he hated the dog. He apologized and swore to them he didn't do it on purpose but they didn't talk to him for a week. Said a few weeks later things were back to normal, wife bitching kids raising hell etc. So he called a family meeting and told them he actually did it on purpose and got another week of silence!

easleycrawler said:
Hell, I try to hit cats. :driving:

Me too. I dont care for the little bastards... but if i hit your dog im still not stopping. I bet you will try harder to keep your next dog out the road

I shoot the neighbors dog with BB's when it's in my yard, only because it's illegal to shoot my neighbors. I don't even feel recoil when I pull the trigger, it's a BB gun for Christ's sake.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk