• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jap Jeep "Build Up" LOL

Well, took it on a shake down run today. I was really happy with it, well balanced, gears are low enough (that was my biggest concern) and the turbo diesel kicks ass! Man, I'd love to have one in the US. When I need more wheel speed, I just put it in 4H and the turbo kicked in and really helped clean the mud out of the tires and provide momentum through the slop. The tires did well, but in the muck they loaded up pretty bad and I lost traction. My only complaint about the whole rig is I really miss having lockers! But since this is short term deal, I'm calling it done and wheelin the piss out of it. Going again on Sat. or Sun.

So here are the pics. I know they're lame, but I was wheeling alone (shame on me-thank God for my winch!) and this was a shake down run. Despite all this, I did manage to get stuck a few times. The rains had been pretty bad lately and I got in this area with lots of deep jungle quick sand and everywhere I turned I got stuck. LOL. So, there aren't too many hard core pics because I was busy winching or wheeling. I've also added a short (also lame) video. This actually was steeper than it looked on the front side. There are the poser pics too. For a short WB Jeep with leaf springs and only 3.5" lift (springs only), they flexed pretty well. Anyway, I had a blast and that's all that matters I guess.

Oh, I forgot to mention the carnage. The damned fender flares are fiberglass. Yep, I lost two of them and tore the piss out of my top. I knew I would lose the flares right away. Also, I think I have a bunch of mud (at least I hope that's all it is) in the brakes because it pulls hard to the left when braking. I washed it off with a pressure washer and now it pulls hard to the right! Enjoy!

mt2fio.jpg

bdppwi.jpg

2ai4fuc.jpg

20f6m3d.jpg

2056rk5.jpg

35jjgo4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pG2hl-5b-A

Nice :cool: Where are the hard core trail pics at? :kiss:

Haha, that's it! LOL. Nothing like the PNW. You guys have no idea how grateful you should be. Protect it so you don't lose it.

I am planning a wheeling vacation in a few weeks, but the place we are going might not be open. It's a private park that a lot of events are held, even some US events. So that should provide some challenges.

Kick ass :cool: looks like you're stuck in the one pic? :haha:

Yeah, that mud is like quick sand. I miss having lockers for sure.

Oh, and the top is officially toast. Tore a hole I could crawl through in it last weekend. Hahaha. It was a crusty old top anyway. But black is the only color I can get for replacement now. I also bought a bikini top for it and in a month or so, I can just leave that on it (actually I've already done that) and not worry about weather.

Those tail lights look rather easy to smash. That thing is awesome, to bad it wouldnt be easier to import one.Could you import it and just register it as a ORV?