• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohnG said:
Waiting to be admitted to hospital. Plan is another blood transfusion and a CT Scan.

Sent using left thumb.

Praying for you and your family may everything go perfect!!!!!

A couple updated from FaceBook. Some has been posted here already.

Update October 5, 2016. Went to doctor today after calling him due to shortness of breath. Did blood work and admitted me back into Grandview. Plan is a blood transfusion and a CT Scan. Plan now is to get out tomorrow. Had a nurse episode I must share. Two nurses came in to get all my info. One new, only started here 9-19. She was inputting the data, and all of sudden, got choked up and left the room. The other nurse finished. The new nurse came back in alone and asked if she could talk to me. Sure I said. She came to tell me how that every day for the past month, she always looked at the clock at 9:11 am and pm. The only thing she could think of was the tragedy on 9-11. But God told her it was something to rejoice. Well, she says you are going to get well. God told me so. There are tears streaming down her face as she witnesses to me about God and her beliefs. We were both in tears. My nurses name is Angel and I am in room 911.

Update October 6, 2016. Well, we are back out of the hospital. Quick trip this time. They did remove 800ml fluid off my left lung this afternoon. Got some good news this morning, the CT Scan yesterday showed a slight degredation/shrinkage in the tumors. The doctor was shocked to see any progress this quick. Prayers work, glory to God.

WOW! Everyone has a purpose and a will to live in this life....
Sounds like you have more days ahead booyang

Good news!

Attachments

• Success Kid 06102016215542.jpg
    Success Kid 06102016215542.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 703
86chevota said:
John G how's your weekend going? Hope you're feeling better!!!

Yesterday was running a fever. Today best day in a month, till started coughing a little while ago. In my infection time till Tuesday, so staying away from people, watched a lot of football, not my thing, but passes the time. Shaved and cut off mohawk today.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

Thank you for the update. I know what you mean about sitting in front of a tv for long periods of time. Pray tomorrow is better than today! Hopefully we can get out there and ride before too long and don't forget about the big race Casey he has scheduled for everyone!

Doing well. But, get real winded just walking 20 feet. Will not be able to ride till I can build up stamina and also get off the 24/7 oxygen.

Sent using left thumb.

JohnG said:
Doing well. But, get real winded just walking 20 feet. Will not be able to ride till I can build up stamina and also get off the 24/7 oxygen.

Sent using left thumb.

I know it sucks ass sitting still, but kick back and let yourself heal before you try pushing too hard. You got this buddy! :drinkers:

kmcminn said:
How was the weekend?

Good weekend. Sucked not being able to wheel Choccolocco Mountain though. Start chemo back Tu-Wed-Th of next week and start the cycle over again. Hopefully this time I can stay out of the hospital.

Sent using left thumb.

JohnG said:
Good weekend. Sucked not being able to wheel Choccolocco Mountain though. Start chemo back Tu-Wed-Th of next week and start the cycle over again. Hopefully this time I can stay out of the hospital.

Sent using left thumb.

Awesome JohnG! Pray you stay out of the hospital !!!!!

Update October 18, 2016.

Well, starting another round of chemo today. Actually felt pretty good the last 5 days or so. Took x-ray today and shows a small amount of fluid on lungs, but not enough to act on today. Doc says x-ray shows some degradation of tumor. Not much, as early, but I'll take any good news available. Tomorrow is day two of this round of chemo, and my birthday. So, yea, I get poison for my birthday! Fatigue is high and stamina is low. Out of breath after only 20 steps. However, all part of it. It WILL get better as I am not accepting this as the new normal. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, it works, praise God.

Status
Not open for further replies.