• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Knockout racing

money_pit_yj

I watched Madrams video and a few on facebook and the Knockout format is freaking cool. Of course that's from a spectator standpoint, what do y'all think? From both a competitor standpoint and a spectator? And for what it's worth Wes Kean ain't afraid to straight beat the piss out of his buggy! I bet that thing hates life!

I hope they ditch the bounty hill stuff in favor of this kind of racing. I get bored after 2 or 3 hillclimbs.....I can watch that side by side racing stuff all video long.

People always push themselves harder when physically pitted against another. Racing a "time" pushes your limits, but watching someone kicking your ass dumps mass quantities of testosterone through your veins and goes OVER the limit!

I could almost hear some of the drivers saying "get the **** outta the way...****...GO....GOOOO!!!!" Kinda like me on the interstate. :)

I like it! I agree with others, I think it makes you push it even harder when your competitor is kicking your ass! :****: :driving:

Side note: anybody know what kind of motor is in that Ultra 4 style rig with the jk hood? First seen it around the 4:30 Mark and then again later.That thing sounded awesome!

pholmann said:
I like it!! Wow that looks hard on parts.

Back about 6-7 years ago, there'd be axle parts layin' everywhere on that trail. It's quite impressive to see ONLY things like tires / hyd. hose damage for the most part.

About the only damage we're seein' on these rigs nowadays is from a roll / tumble. I remember watching axles / cases / R&P's pop like popcorn back when I first got into off roading.

We were up near the finish line and here is a short assessment.

The knockout drag race plus bouncing was cool to watch, but I felt for the drivers behind getting pelted with rocks etc. There was quite a bit of rubbing and racing going on with several close finishes. Fair amount of body damage too.

Rewatching the Madram video, I asked my wife, "we actually watched that in person yesterday???" Crazy to see the pictures and videos of it. Kept waiting for a NASCAR style driver fight at the finish line after a few close, beating and banging finishes.

Yeah i wondered about the rocks coming through the windshield area. I saw some had screens on there and covering the mother. That would suck taking a rock like that. A few years ago at Harlan one of the guys with us took a rock to the face from a tire. ****ed him up good.

MoparMan said:
I like it! I agree with others, I think it makes you push it even harder when your competitor is kicking your ass! :****: :driving:

Side note: anybody know what kind of motor is in that Ultra 4 style rig with the jk hood? First seen it around the 4:30 Mark and then again later.That thing sounded awesome!

I think this is the same rig you mentioned at a local event a few weeks ago ol dude was lettin it eat!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HDi0yMVA-7E

money_pit_yj said:
Here you go. Lazy butt!

https://youtu.be/-6JD7usVNFk

Yeah, it occured to me to just go check Madram's site after I posted. Duuuuurh!

Pineygroveoffroad said:
I think this is the same rig you mentioned at a local event a few weeks ago ol dude was lettin it eat!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HDi0yMVA-7E

Can't help with motor but I think that is Ryan Camp's ultra 4 buggy yall are talking about. I know exactly which one you are talking about sounds great in the video.

This one?
sz91y1.jpg

civicmindedex79 said:
Can't help with motor but I think that is Ryan Camp's ultra 4 buggy yall are talking about. I know exactly which one you are talking about sounds great in the video.

This one?
sz91y1.jpg

Ryan ended up breaking the axle tube on passenger side, cut both front tires, trashed the fiberglass hood, etc from a quick look over. Busy weekend for him between the Bouncer knockout races, SXS races, and Mega Trucks race.