• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH - 09... Your Picks...

I just hope we get to go,that would be the iceing on the cake.I don't have a clue to who I would pick,there's a hell of a lot of good drivers on the list.I can only imagine how much prep will go into getting ready for this one.We've allready started and don't even know if it will happen.It takes us a good week and a half just to check axles,wiring,heims,links,engine,trans,t-case,yada,yada,yada.And thats each run.Maybe we will get lucky and get a series spot.I'll be glad when the list is up,then I can uncross parts of my body thats not suppose to be crossed.

JR for the win....he's been focused on another guy's rig for the last 10 months...he'll fix his little issue when he can and be ready....he will be more relaxed and poised to take teh trophy home.....

if that makes me Tarzan jr., then so be it... :flipoff1:

My pics
adam carter
becca webster
brad lovell
cottinrod
dean bullock
jeff mello
joachin schwiesow
john markovich
jt taylor
kim sears
rj brown
rusty bray
shannon campbell
tracy jordan

Thats about all I got. I just picked names that I noticed , but it a pretty good list.

Can we set up a Hardline Handicapping service, and give odds on?
Nolen with the satellite link uploading information all the way to the green flag?
I got money on JT is he takes a dump right before he puts his firesuit on, etc. molaugh

under_psi said:
JR for the win....he's been focused on another guy's rig for the last 10 months...he'll fix his little issue when he can and be ready....he will be more relaxed and poised to take teh trophy home.....

Talking with Bender at the XRRA race, he said JR has already improved the mounts that broke and just has more seat time to get again.

if that makes me Tarzan jr., then so be it... :flipoff1:

Marty Hart is way up my list. He jumped from rocks to #1 in his class in CORR first season. That guy is almost as well rounded as Walker Evans for this type of race.

Walker Evans is slooooooooooooooooooooow because his balls are so stretchy from age and weight that they drag when he walks. ( I understand what your sayin Nolen.... )

Its truely anyones race... I think thats the biggest draw to it though. Anything can and will happen in a race and course of this caliber. Mechanical anything can break or be damaged, small mistakes count for everything in the end.

Its got that Baja1000 type luck/preparation requirement to it IMO.

wngrog said:
I LOVE the new rule where you can only get spares from your own Pit Crew.....

I'd love to see a race like this where you could have a chase crew.... that'd be pretty cool...AND make it more of a team efford. You haul ass for the desert segments and get to the exit of let's say Outer Limits... if your guy breaks you bring parts/fix or radio ahead letting know of trail cloggage and where to go to your driver... your driver gets done with OL then you move onto next hard segment's exit and do same.. I think that'd be awesome...

Only problem with this is you get people driving the wrong way down the hi-speed sections laughing1 But you could have designated chase routes/shortcuts to trail exits as well.

wngrog said:
Media has a free pass to go fast :D

Dave Cole loaned us his comp buggy for the OG Running of the KOH in 07... it worked out good... But imagine 3 guys sharing a buggy, someone's gotta stand on the back tube holding onto the roof.... Usually ended up being me laughing1... A little nerve wrackin' bombin through the desert at speed laughing1

Marty Hart has done very well in whatever he drove and whatever the competition. Just one of those guys like Shannon. I've also always liked JT's style and his background along with a lot of other people's. A lot of ifs with this big race. I like a lot of people's from the east's chances...but you can't get that bad break or catch bad luck. Everything has to be on your side or else you got enough other people passing you who don't have a problem.

Trouble is keeping it together or figuring out what is wrong with your rig before you go out to the race. Like Dermo last year. He built a nice 2 seater rear engine just for KOH 08. I stopped and checked it out when we went out west, but he just couldn't get it done in time for the race. He had a fuel problem 2 days or so before the event...so, he didn't even go. Or he would have been a real contender.

So, I think it will be whoever doesn't have a dumb mistake happen to them...like a roll, or a blowout, or overheating, link letting go, or breaking some mount that mysteriously flies off the rig, or...etc, etc.

Droopy your right, the stars gotta line up and you gotta have a damn well prep'd piece of equipment. Your heads gotta be on straight and you gotta be 100% business to pull off a race win with a race of this nature.

Its awesomeness.... that list of drivers is ridiculous, best of best all over the place.

bentandtwisted said:
See you all out there, I KNOW the team I am going to be wreaching for is going, how do I know, I have my go to guys thumb.gif
I am in the KNOW as well thumb.gif

Looks like the names are leaking out, and based on Jeff Knolls pirate post he only lacks a few calls before posting the "IN" crowd.
drool