• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH whos goin

InDaShop said:
Joel still made it out there with a new rig, made it through the course. He just had a big bad run of bad luck, I mean how did he get stuck on the sandhill??? That kinda badluck. I'm proud of him, and was happy and glad to root for him.

Thanks Wyatt for the support. Yeah I should have pulled cable way before we did. I had made a few runs up prerunning and did not have trouble. We were right on the edge many times but I could just not get it to hook that last 6 inches or so we needed. We did some shock tuning after prerunning and I am not sure if that messed us up or not on backdoor. Then I picked the wrong line on the sand hill, I had used that line also prerunning and when it counted it was wrong. I am not disappointed, we made our run and finished the course in a buggy that I had under 3 hours seat time.

We will run more events this year and do plenty of trail riding to get a feel for the buggy. This makes me want it even more now! Going to look at doing the Dirt Riot race in Oklahoma the Rich's are putting on in April. Then we will go to PA for the RCQ. 2011 is going to busy!!

bigsilly said:
Thanks Wyatt for the support. Yeah I should have pulled cable way before we did. I had made a few runs up prerunning and did not have trouble. We were right on the edge many times but I could just not get it to hook that last 6 inches or so we needed. We did some shock tuning after prerunning and I am not sure if that messed us up or not on backdoor. Then I picked the wrong line on the sand hill, I had used that line also prerunning and when it counted it was wrong. I am not disappointed, we made our run and finished the course in a buggy that I had under 3 hours seat time.

We will run more events this year and do plenty of trail riding to get a feel for the buggy. This makes me want it even more now! Going to look at doing the Dirt Riot race in Oklahoma the Rich's are putting on in April. Then we will go to PA for the RCQ. 2011 is going to busy!!

I am sure you got it dialed in good out there.

I would have worn it out like a 22 year old girlfriend once I found out I was not in the show........

InDaShop said:
How much seat time did you get in out there?

Not enough... I have two trail rides planned, I am putting my entry blank in the mail later this week for the Rich's race in OK, and going to take it out in between and ride dirt roads. I am going to put in some time this spring before the RCQ.

dude you were at the best wheeling location in north america you should have super glued your pucker to the seat and ran laps with your crew dumping fuel. Ran it until it broke, fix, fuel, and repeat.

Joel you know this, only way to break in a new car is seat time, If you didnt get 20-25 hours in your car last week I'm a be disappointed.

There were gusy that got 14 hours of seat time and that was on the clock. :-X

InDaShop said:
dude you were at the best wheeling location in north america you should have super glued your pucker to the seat and ran laps with your crew dumping fuel. Ran it until it broke, fix, fuel, and repeat.

Joel you know this, only way to break in a new car is seat time, If you didnt get 20-25 hours in your car last week I'm a be disappointed.

There were gusy that got 14 hours of seat time and that was on the clock. :-X

Sorry to disappoint you then....

I had enough seat time for both of us joel. Almost 15 hours of racing for kelly and I friday.

Pre-running is over-rated, did more harm that good for us. Fun times though, we were in the rig a lot, just wish more of it was on race day

Matt O. said:
Pre-running is over-rated, did more harm that good for us. Fun times though, we were in the rig a lot, just wish more of it was on race day
we didn't pre run ****, we pre drank
I think he means after you don't make the show, go drive the wheels off that bitch, you just came 30 hours, so broken heart or not, wheel that ****er

blacksheep10 said:
I think he means after you don't make the show, go drive the wheels off that bitch, you just came 30 hours, so broken heart or not, wheel that ****er

exactly what I meant.
Easy to hang your head and sulk or what ever, takes heart to rise above adversity and make the best out of it.

I have not had time to razz Joel in person but I am gonna give him hell if he did not at least go wheeling....

Come on Joel, spill it.

The only day I could actually go wheel was on Thursday. Sunday we were setting up and dead tired from the extra long drive out, Monday we spent shock tuning and pre running the lcq course, Wednesday was spent tuning radios with Rugged, doing some sponsor work, and looking the rig over in the event we made the main event. So come thursday I did not go because I had to go look for trailer tires, we blew two on the way out. My dad and I were gone about 5 hours trying to find tires. I was trying to find a place that had some on hand rather than risk them ordering for Friday and them not showing up for some reason. So we rode all over Yucca Valley, 29 Palms, and even down to Palm Springs with no luck. We wound up going back to the first place we stopped in Yucca Valley and ordered two and left my wheels with them so they could have them ready to go when we headed out on Friday afternoon. It all worked out and the tires were ready but I did not get to go out wheeling with Pat and the rest of the group.

bigsilly said:
The only day I could actually go wheel was on Thursday. Sunday we were setting up and dead tired from the extra long drive out, Monday we spent shock tuning and pre running the lcq course, Wednesday was spent tuning radios with Rugged, doing some sponsor work, and looking the rig over in the event we made the main event. So come thursday I did not go because I had to go look for trailer tires, we blew two on the way out. My dad and I were gone about 5 hours trying to find tires. I was trying to find a place that had some on hand rather than risk them ordering for Friday and them not showing up for some reason. So we rode all over Yucca Valley, 29 Palms, and even down to Palm Springs with no luck. We wound up going back to the first place we stopped in Yucca Valley and ordered two and left my wheels with them so they could have them ready to go when we headed out on Friday afternoon. It all worked out and the tires were ready but I did not get to go out wheeling with Pat and the rest of the group.

OK, decent excuse but still gay :flipoff1: