• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lets talk DVOM

skinny_pedal

so im at the point in my career where im ready to step up to a high quality dvom. i currently use a simple craftsman one and has worked fine for what i do. but i just feel im ready for the bad boy that can do more. so what are you techs running for a dvom?

Fluke is the ****. We use those exclusivly in the military. The 87V reads true rms along with other things. Depending on what you get, you can read (for automotive use) spark gap, timing, all sorts of things.

Otherwise we use the simpson 260 which isn't digital, but is much more precise.

Fluke is the ****. We use those exclusivly in the military. The 87V reads true rms along with other things. Depending on what you get, you can read (for automotive use) spark gap, timing, all sorts of things.
QUOTE]

see i want all that. along with the backlite screen and a good beeper

QUOTE]

see i want all that. along with the backlite screen and a good beeper

Both 87/88 will do that for ya :awesomework:

We use the Fluke 125 at work. That thing kicks ass, does anything and everything. The only meter we are allowed to use on our generator (according to GE.)

Years ago, I bought a multimeter from Sears. Got it home, took it out of the box and the instruction book was from Fluke. I opened the back one day to replace the fuse and all the internals were from Fluke. If I remember correctly, it only cost me about $30. :redneck:

Fluke 87 I have that at work and a Mac one at home. The fluke kicks the Macs ass. It is easier to use and does way more and I trust what it tells me.

Fluke 87v is the poo. It will do everything you listed there and you can here the beeper halfway across a shop.

Last edited:
i have a Blue Point DVOM and it works great but i have used many Flukes and they are the ****! bar none

I know the 87 can--not 100% on the 88. I never use them for that though--I have a blinging timing light for that :awesomework:

God i love my digital SNAP-ON timing light:awesomework: