• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Life goals

race_jeep

I'm used to want to make lots of money, and buy lots of ****, after years of making money and buying **** I sold everything moved my family back to my hometown and opened a brewery. After selling all my **** I don't really want anymore **** anymore, I just wanna make beer and be a wandering nomad in my spare time.

What's your life goals?

To wake up tomorrow, and many more. I am good with my life and goals are meet, I have made a comfortable living, provide for my family and have a loving wife that supports my dumb ass.

race_jeep said:
I'm used to want to make lots of money, and buy lots of ****, after years of making money and buying **** I sold everything moved my family back to my hometown and opened a brewery. After selling all my **** I don't really want anymore **** anymore, I just wanna make beer and be a wandering nomad in my spare time.

What's your life goals?
. That's sounds like a hippy! But I get what your saying, the older I get, the more content I am with what I got. But I got to get down there one day and drink some beer.

I'm shooting for debt free and to see my kids grow up. Anything else is a plus.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

zukimaster said:
. That's sounds like a hippy! But I get what your saying, the older I get, the more content I am with what I got. But I got to get down there one day and drink some beer.

I still enjoy daily showers, and don't really care much for widespread panic.

Me and my ol lady were talking about this earlier. I worked my ass off for 10 years to make all the money i could so i could try to be happy. I was miserable but kept some money in the bank. I work less now than i ever have and am broke as **** but damn am i happy.

race_jeep said:
I still enjoy daily showers, and don't really care much for widespread panic.

Lol perfect. Mason, I hope your business is and continues to kick ass! When it warms up, I am going to take a bike trip down and check it out!

I know one thing, I've gained more self control over buying dumb **** that I don't need in the past year or so than I've had my whole life. I'm not sure I could ever go back to the blowing money wheeling scene. If I did, it would be a much different approach than my last stint in it, living paycheck to paycheck and having to scrounge up money to buy a set of RCV's or fix whatever else tore up the last wheeling trip out. I remember the last year I had the ole red toyota crawl machine, I went wheeling 5 straight weekends (Saturdays) in a row, hauling all over north AL. I wasn't doing it near as bigtime as half of y'all but to look back on those expenditures, I cringe.

I'm not sure I could ever just be content and live a simple life, of course I'm only 31 so that has a lot of time to change. I feel like I have to constantly be working toward something bigger and better no matter what. That used to be toward a bigger and better offroad rig or motorcycle, now I'm content with the bike I have now and I don't have much in it, don't wheel anymore, and have taken that drive and motivation and applied it toward learning about managing rental properties. Rental real estate has really grabbed my attention, I love it and want to successfully grow a moderate portfolio of properties over time. May not work out like I plan, but the good thing is that there is a safety net. Safety net being if it ain't working or becomes too much, sell out some or all of your properties. There once was a thread on here that downplayed rental real estate, and I'm sure it can be a bit of a regional thing, but I have learned A LOT since then, and talked in depth with 4 or 5 local single family home owning landlords. I've had several other people tell me don't do it, "your house will get trashed, you'll have to deal with bad tenants", etc...but none of those people has ever owned rental units. I've yet to meet someone that has gotten into rental real estate and said it was a bad idea, or did not recommend it. The risk can be calculated, return is evident, it's challenging, and to me it's extremely exciting. People are always going to be looking for a place to live.

I also used to view my current job as somewhere I would probably stay until they had to kick me out, but with the way our work load is coupled with my inability to settle and be content, I'm trying to focus on finishing school and plan the next career move. I'd love to work for TVA in the corporate office in Chattanooga, or something along those lines. I need to be working on moving to a less physically demanding job eventually for when my one legged ass gets older and less physically able....and of course it wouldn't hurt if it paid more. ;D

TacomaJD said:
Lol perfect. Mason, I hope your business is and continues to kick ass! When it warms up, I am going to take a bike trip down and check it out!

I know one thing, I've gained more self control over buying dumb **** that I don't need in the past year or so than I've had my whole life. I'm not sure I could ever go back to the blowing money wheeling scene. If I did, it would be a much different approach than my last stint in it, living paycheck to paycheck and having to scrounge up money to buy a set of RCV's or fix whatever else tore up the last wheeling trip out. I remember the last year I had the ole red toyota crawl machine, I went wheeling 5 straight weekends (Saturdays) in a row, hauling all over north AL. I wasn't doing it near as bigtime as half of y'all but to look back on those expenditures, I cringe.

I'm not sure I could ever just be content and live a simple life, of course I'm only 31 so that has a lot of time to change. I feel like I have to constantly be working toward something bigger and better no matter what. That used to be toward a bigger and better offroad rig or motorcycle, now I'm content with the bike I have now and I don't have much in it, don't wheel anymore, and have taken that drive and motivation and applied it toward learning about managing rental properties. Rental real estate has really grabbed my attention, I love it and want to successfully grow a moderate portfolio of properties over time. May not work out like I plan, but the good thing is that there is a safety net. Safety net being if it ain't working or becomes too much, sell out some or all of your properties. There once was a thread on here that downplayed rental real estate, and I'm sure it can be a bit of a regional thing, but I have learned A LOT since then, and talked in depth with 4 or 5 local single family home owning landlords. I've had several other people tell me don't do it, "your house will get trashed, you'll have to deal with bad tenants", etc...but none of those people has ever owned rental units. I've yet to meet someone that has gotten into rental real estate and said it was a bad idea, or did not recommend it. The risk can be calculated, return is evident, it's challenging, and to me it's extremely exciting. People are always going to be looking for a place to live.

I also used to view my current job as somewhere I would probably stay until they had to kick me out, but with the way our work load is coupled with my inability to settle and be content, I'm trying to focus on finishing school and plan the next career move. I'd love to work for TVA in the corporate office in Chattanooga, or something along those lines. I need to be working on moving to a less physically demanding job eventually for when my one legged ass gets older and less physically able....and of course it wouldn't hurt if it paid more. ;D
Hahahahaha. I picture a local asshole land lord they call lefty in the future

grcthird said:
I just want all my **** paid for, my business to take off like crazy, and have more time with family and friends.

Those last two are hard to juggle man.

See my boys come to know Jesus.

Live off 50% of my gross earnings and be able to use the rest to bless folks with.

Own something with stupid horsepower

Go on a long motorcycle trip. No kids, no wife, just me and a couple of friends and ride up northwest then across the country to the west

Lay one epic beat down on my rig and not give a dang about what happens, like I was 22 again.

I would love for our ministry to be full time and have church on the rocks regularly though the year.

Find someone who has video of me when we did our step show in college.

I'm young (22) and still have a long ways to go..

Right now my realistic goals are as follows:

1) Wife and I are having our first kid in July (boy). So top priority is to raise a hard working, God-fearing man.
2) Finish college. I graduate as a RN in August. I plan to finish up my BSN and then get my masters to become a nurse practicioner. I plan to work a few years in between for a break from school. My goal is have my CRNP by 30. Make more money so I can work less and spend more time with family/friends.
3) Buy/Build a house on some acreage. 20 acres would be nice. We do the homesteading stuff on my parents property, but I'd like my own place to create my own "homestead" so I can raise my kids to have the experiences I did growing up. (building barns and stuff, putting up fence, gardening, raising livestock, etc).
4) I would like to retire in my 50s. Or at least have stuff paid off so I can work just enough to keep my license up. Or maybe teach a college course one or two days a week. Something without a lot of responsibility..
5) Debt free outside of mortgage by 35.

For less serious goals,

- A wheeling trip out west.
- I really want to do an interior Moose hunt. Fly in on a bush plane, spend a week at camp, hunt, fish, etc.
- A hunting trip out west to like Idaho for Elk..
- Build some sort of hot rod/muscle car/truck..
- I would love to do the Trans-American trail..
- Alaska trip.

Re: Re: Life goals

Dwill817 said:
I'm young (22) and still have a long ways to go..

Right now my realistic goals are as follows:

1) Wife and I are having our first kid in July (boy). So top priority is to raise a hard working, God-fearing man.
2) Finish college. I graduate as a RN in August. I plan to finish up my BSN and then get my masters to become a nurse practicioner. I plan to work a few years in between for a break from school. My goal is have my CRNP by 30. Make more money so I can work less and spend more time with family/friends.
3) Buy/Build a house on some acreage. 20 acres would be nice. We do the homesteading stuff on my parents property, but I'd like my own place to create my own "homestead" so I can raise my kids to have the experiences I did growing up. (building barns and stuff, putting up fence, gardening, raising livestock, etc).
4) I would like to retire in my 50s. Or at least have stuff paid off so I can work just enough to keep my license up. Or maybe teach a college course one or two days a week. Something without a lot of responsibility..
5) Debt free outside of mortgage by 35.

For less serious goals,

- A wheeling trip out west.
- I really want to do an interior Moose hunt. Fly in on a bush plane, spend a week at camp, hunt, fish, etc.
- A hunting trip out west to like Idaho for Elk..
- Build some sort of hot rod/muscle car/truck..
- I would love to do the Trans-American trail..
- Alaska trip.
Sounds like you are on the right path and have a good head on your shoulders. I enjoy seeing someone your age already having accomplished some great things and have plans for even greater things. At 22, I did not want to do **** but go to work, ride motorcycles, and party hard. With that said, I don't regret the path I chose one bit, it's worked out just fine. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mdo817 said:
To wake up tomorrow, and many more. I am good with my life and goals are meet, I have made a comfortable living, provide for my family and have a loving wife that supports my dumb ass.

This