• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Life goals

I used to work my ass off. Thinking that money would bring us happiness (having grown up poor). It was nothing for me to work 80 hours at one job then come home and work on something for some in the garage to make some extra money. And also do all the maintenance work at the office where my wife works. As I got older I would up with high blood pressure. Ended up taking 2 different pills to keep it under control.
And when on vacations I was always on the go. I didn't know how to stop and relax. It drove my wife crazy. It was nothing for me to stay at where we were until the last minute. The drive home in time to eat something. take a shower and head to work.
Then about 5 years ago I started talking about retiring. Tring to see what I would need (money wise) to retire. Everyone I know said if I retired I would be dead with in a year because I would be bored to death. I would always say no. I have to many projects at home that need to be completed.
Then about 3 years ago God took care of retirement for me. I developed (or always had, they don't know) a cyst in the back of my head. It affected the sight in my left eye, my balance and my endurance. They can not remove it because one wall of the cyst is attached to my brain stem. After 2 brain operations I am doing ok and learning to adjust to this new life style. I cant work anymore. Who would hire someone that is a risk for falling, gets tired Very easy.
So now I just stay at home and work on the projects that I never seem to find the time before. I don't have to take 2 pills to control my blood pressure. And I enjoy everyday to its fullest. I am currently trying to see all the people I am friends with that I was always to busy to stop and say hello too.
We are still wheeling. The wife has learned how to drive the jeep and loves the rocks.So she can take over driving when I get to tired. The only problem I have is she seems to have no fear. She says "what I am straped in and have a full roll cage, no problem." LOL We are going down the windrock again the first weekend in May with a group of people. Hopping to meet up the Famous Tony B. to get a guided tour of windrock. LOL
And in July we are headed out to Colorado to do some wheeling. I just wish I had slowed down when I was younger. I now realize that money is the key to happiness. I am happy with what we have. I think that is the key to happiness.
Ok have to go work on the jeep and get it ready for next weekend. The wife told me to get it ready for next weekend as we are going wheeling for our anniversary. How cool is that. I don't know what I did to deserve her but I am glad she does.