• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Life goals

I'm at the 54 year mark. I was never the one to chasing the dollar, so I know the feeling being dollar poor but happy rich. I'm at a good point in life, own the house and property out right ( Still owe on the shop ) All but one of my vehicles I own. Both my daughter are out starting their lives. .....So really my life goals for the most part have been met.
In the future I'm keeping the goals small and what makes me the happiest.... Try different Bourbons and cigars
Wheeling wise....Getting the rig to the point where I can wheel it more than I work on it. Buying a camper to tow it with.
Work wise.....Keep working as long as I can. I can't see myself not working, sitting in a rocking chair waiting to die.

Re: Re: Life goals

TacomaJD said:
At 22, I did not want to do **** but go to work, ride motorcycles, and party hard.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wasn't that like 20 minutes ago? :dunno:

It is hard for me to imagine that 22 was 15 years ago for me ???

I'm 40, going on 41 in a couple weeks. I would just like to retire at 55-60 and enjoy my final days enjoying what I have accumulated and not worrying about every single thing on the planet. Currently I'm feeling the need to get back in to racing / competition. Not like rock racing, but open track / autocross / SOLO stuff. It's like I'm in a rut....a mid life crisis I guess.

I "tried" doing the car show thing, but maybe it's some form of A.D.D. but holy ****, that is boring. Maybe I'm not old enough yet but holy hell I cannot just put up a chair and sit for 4hrs. Takes me 15-20 minutes to walk around, see what I see then be like, "What's next"?

Re:

Make it another year cancer free, and learn to cope with it if not.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hit 45 last month.
Goals
Put the 5.3 into my LJ.
Get my Black belt in Kodokan judo.
Get my Brown belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu and then work on getting my black belt.
Pay my house off in the next 7-8 years.
Build a 24x30 shop behind the house.
Retire before I hit 60.

Short term:
Stay in the US
Find a way to get more vacation time to travel. It's been too long I haven't.

Long term:
Move west
Buy me a piece of land to build a shop/house on
Spend time on the porch enjoying the sunset

All the rest is a plus.

-Go somewhere new every year (state, county, place, etc.)
-Stop working for someone else by age 40 (8 years)

Those are pretty much my goals. I plan to buy/build/sell cars/trucks/rock crawlers/toys for the rest of my days. I hope my shop ends up larger, although I don't know where I will expand....

TacomaJD said:
Sounds like you are on the right path and have a good head on your shoulders. I enjoy seeing someone your age already having accomplished some great things and have plans for even greater things. At 22, I did not want to do **** but go to work, ride motorcycles, and party hard. With that said, I don't regret the path I chose one bit, it's worked out just fine. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah I was never into the part scene or anything.. I hate crowds and meeting new people so I'd rather just be by myself fishing or with a buddy or two doing something productive...

Subsequently, we don't have a lot of friends our age.. My wife is 24.. My best bud and his wife are 40/37 and its who we hang out with most.. They are settled with a nice place, careers, etc so it sorta pushes my goals.

Bebop said:
Short term:
Stay in the US
Find a way to get more vacation time to travel. It's been too long I haven't.

Long term:
Move west
Buy me a piece of land to build a shop/house on
Spend time on the porch enjoying the sunset

All the rest is a plus.

How far west do you want to move to? Just curious because I have been there and done that and love the Dirty South now. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Reno area or SoCal would be awesome.
don;t get me wrong, I like the south a lot, but I want to keep moving and I *think* west is where I'll find a happy place. If not, I'll keep moving.

Bebop said:
Reno area or SoCal would be awesome.
don;t get me wrong, I like the south a lot, but I want to keep moving and I *think* west is where I'll find a happy place. If not, I'll keep moving.

The Reno/ Washoe valley area is beautiful and would live on the hillsides there again. Over the hill to Lake Tahoe is some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere. I lived there for a few years and spent a lot of time exploring the area and events. The Reno Air races are something everyone should see in there lifetimes. Pyramid lake is really something to see and the Sierras are amazing as well. If you really want to see what the Sierras are like, take the Reno Fun train from Sacramento to Reno. Absolutely unbelievable scenery. I'd move back to the Tahoe basin in a heart beat except my other half wouldn't go for the cold winters. GO WEST young man. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

jeeptj99 said:
Crazy as it sounds I just want a wod buggy and pay my house off.
This
I'm not even worried about the house payment as much as I just want my buggy finished

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CHASMAN9 said:
The Reno/ Washoe valley area is beautiful and would live on the hillsides there again. Over the hill to Lake Tahoe is some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere. I lived there for a few years and spent a lot of time exploring the area and events. The Reno Air races are something everyone should see in there lifetimes. Pyramid lake is really something to see and the Sierras are amazing as well. If you really want to see what the Sierras are like, take the Reno Fun train from Sacramento to Reno. Absolutely unbelievable scenery. I'd move back to the Tahoe basin in a heart beat except my other half wouldn't go for the cold winters. GO WEST young man. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

That's exactly what I hear from everyone that's been/lived there. I wanna check it out for myself now.
I know the moving part doesn't scare me much, but doing it while on a visa is just not as easy as it sounds.

Bebop said:
That's exactly what I hear from everyone that's been/lived there. I wanna check it out for myself now.
I know the moving part doesn't scare me much, but doing it while on a visa is just not as easy as it sounds.

Let me know if you need any other information if you decide to head west. If you don't do it now, you may never get the chance again.

ADMINISTRATOR

Thank you, I will.

My problem is this : the company I work for holds my permit to stay here in the USA. Pretty standard visa process. If I quit, I have to quit the country and if they fire me, I have to quit the country.

Only 2 options I got are :

-finding a company that wants to sponsor a visa, then quit my current job, go back to France, apply for another visa and hope it works out. If it doesn't I can't come back
-finding a company out west that wants to hire me as a contractor in engineering through my current company. This is what I'm trying to do. But it isn't simple.

Pretty limited unfortunately. But like I said, if I find an opening, I'll jump on it.

I'm content in the medical field. Job is good.

Marriage and kids not a necessity

Got a couple bucket list things- goliath grouper, bluefin tuna, swordfish, and blue marlin.

Would like a helicopter hog hunt. And go to Saskatchewan for a whitetail.

All in all, I'm living my dream life.

Bebop said:
Thank you, I will.

My problem is this : the company I work for holds my permit to stay here in the USA. Pretty standard visa process. If I quit, I have to quit the country and if they fire me, I have to quit the country.

Only 2 options I got are :

-finding a company that wants to sponsor a visa, then quit my current job, go back to France, apply for another visa and hope it works out. If it doesn't I can't come back
-finding a company out west that wants to hire me as a contractor in engineering through my current company. This is what I'm trying to do. But it isn't simple.

Pretty limited unfortunately. But like I said, if I find an opening, I'll jump on it.

-You could find some (US Citizen) hot chic to tie the knot with :cougar:

dwa2469 said:
-You could find some (US Citizen) hot chic to tie the knot with :cougar:

That's a possibility of course.
But I haven't found such person and founding a family is not part of the life goals I have. This is usually a deal breaker with american girls.

poolman said:
Those last two are hard to juggle man.

You are telling me, I don't have time for anything right now, and haven't for the past 2 years. I enjoy what I do for the most part but I just wish I had more time for things outside of work that I like to do. Overall I'm much happier than I have ever been when I was working for somebody else.