• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

One recomendation on that frame as they are extremly weak. You say you need to box that frame but from my experience that wont be enough to keep it from cracking. If he is going to wheel it any where near as much as his old man wheels it really should be strapped in addition to the boxing. The better but more expensive and time consuming plan would be to just build a new frame.

Bodaciouscj7 said:
One recomendation on that frame as they are extremly weak. You say you need to box that frame but from my experience that wont be enough to keep it from cracking. If he is going to wheel it any where near as much as his old man wheels it really should be strapped in addition to the boxing. The better but more expensive and time consuming plan would be to just build a new frame.

Knowing the way my son drives his quad, I feel sorry for that MB already... He's already rolled his quad 3 times, has learned how to do doughnuts and catch air over jumps.

Oh yeah, he's 5:clappy:

Gibby said:
Knowing the way my son drives his quad, I feel sorry for that MB already... He's already rolled his quad 3 times, has learned how to do doughnuts and catch air over jumps.

Oh yeah, he's 5:clappy:

hahahaha, it could be at Crash's place on more than just this one occasion your saying then

War-Jeeper said:
hahahaha, it could be at Crash's place on more than just this one occasion your saying then
It will break more than once... He's a big testosterone kinda kid. Bigger, faster, harder = more fun!

The wheels on his bikes are bent from jumping it. He does doughnuts on the jet ski seeing how close he can get to flipping it and tries to catch more air than any of the kids, even more than my wife:rolleyes: He'll top the speedo at 55mph on the jet ski. I can hardly hang on sitting behind him:haha:

The good thing is he's not afraid to wrench either. He started working on his power wheels when he was 3. Little bugger got my floor jack out, jacked it up and and laid under it hitting it with his plastic tool set and using is pretend drill and saw. OMG, was that funny when we first saw him. That was pre-digital camera for us however otherwise it'd be a GREAT pic to share for laughs.

We take the kids for ski lessons every Thursday at Crystal Mt. We lost him for about an hour last year (he was 4). He went off the trail behind the instructor to find some jumps (little bumps for us big people). He wiped out and couldn't get himself out of the deep snow. Now the kids all carry an FRS with them when they go skiing...

My mom thinks it's hilarious. I've got a little Gibby, just like his old man...

Last edited:
War-Jeeper said:
Sounds like you got a kick ass little kid there Gibby! Cant wait to see him out wheel ya!:corn:

Probably will be the time he's 7. I take it easy since I have to pay for the repairs. I haven't got him paying for his own repairs... yet HAHAHA

He wants to race jeeps but I think the one we're working on is too tall. I'd have to strap down the suspension. I haven't told Mike yet that we need to figure out removable pedal extensions... This is part of the reason for a full cage. The Buick 231 is way underpowered compared to the rigs in the adult classes but would be an awesome size for the kid classes. But other than the mud, I bet this rig would just about out wheel my 4runner anyway.

We've got 20 acres on Buckley to play on where he can drive on our course, without having to worry about a license or permits of any sort. By the end of March I should have about 130 acres in southern Oregon for a little hunting/play area for the family and our club.

Steve Russel (mud4fun) had him driving a dozer last spring while we were clearing land trying to get ready for our Obstacle Course. Talk about an ear to ear grin:D I don't think he got to ride in the excavator with Jaydog yet though.

Gibby said:
Probably will be the time he's 7. I take it easy since I have to pay for the repairs. I haven't got him paying for his own repairs... yet HAHAHA

He wants to race jeeps but I think the one we're working on is too tall. I'd have to strap down the suspension. I haven't told Mike yet that we need to figure out removable pedal extensions... This is part of the reason for a full cage. The Buick 231 is way underpowered compared to the rigs in the adult classes but would be an awesome size for the kid classes. But other than the mud, I bet this rig would just about out wheel my 4runner anyway.

We've got 20 acres on Buckley to play on where he can drive on our course, without having to worry about a license or permits of any sort. By the end of March I should have about 130 acres in southern Oregon for a little hunting/play area for the family and our club.

Steve Russel (mud4fun) had him driving a dozer last spring while we were clearing land trying to get ready for our Obstacle Course. Talk about an ear to ear grin:D I don't think he got to ride in the excavator with Jaydog yet though.
Well once you get him in the rig you should invest in a digi video cam so you can share all his awesome moments with us:hi:

O and yes that thing will out wheel yer runner easy i can out wheel mike in his truggy just cause i can fit in more places:flipoff:

Jackson's the one in the helmet with his 50cc. That's CheaperJeeper's son Mathew beside him and JRGAYLOR down working on the quad. Frame busted and the chain kept falling off.
elbe003.jpg

He prefers the open rigs.
elbe026.jpg

damn if my dad even wheeled that would be sick........much less build me one bad ass jeep

(when are you adopting........i wipe my own ass)

Ok so since the motor was now in place I was going to jump around a tad. I figured I would attack mounting the winch since gibby wants an in cab winch control and I have to fully wire up the rig--why not get the winch in place before I start the wiring. So I looked over the bumper/frame rails closely..

gmb21.jpg

gmb22.jpg

So first off the bumper is just plain too wide and the tires will rub against it. I looked over the welds for the bumper and how the frame rails looked and wasn't up to my standards....

So----I cut all the stuff off :D

gmb23.jpg

gmb24.jpg

I also found we will be needing a hair over an inch to get the winch to fit between the bumper and the grill so I will also need to extend the bumper out 1.5" to make sure there will be no rubbing issues against the grill. So with the frame rails bare I have my game plan rolling around in my head and ready to attack it tommorow night.