• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Crash, you'll probably end up removing the front crossmember when you get to the radiator and steering box. Maybe work that into your whole front frame design. Cool build, very similar to when I started mine. :cool:

We will be going full hydro so won't have to worry about a pesky steering box :D . But looking at the nose clip I think the x-member will be ok but not 100% as of yet.

I see in on the rig with the winch but not much of a closeup with the shopcam.

I saw him taking some of his pics.

So the front frame rails were cleaned and prepped and was time to throw some metal at it. Here is how I plated/boxed it in. I also fully welded the front shackle mounts to the frame once I finally got all the rust out of the cracks :D

gmb25.jpg

gmb26.jpg

gmb27.jpg

So now since the frame rails were done it was time to tackle the bumper. Most of the 8274 wince mounts were just a large chunk of plate--well I didn't wanna do that style so I sat and thought about it and looked it over and finally came to me.

First thing was to notch the bumper out for the cable to come thru.

gmb28.jpg

Now since the fairlead uses the same bolts as the lower winch mounts I sleeved the bumper so it won't squish and cause baaaad things to happen.

gmb29.jpg

looks good Mike. That winch drop is on my list of things to do with this build project. Only differance is I have a steering box in the way on th 74.

Latest posts