• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Whew, I couldn't quite tell from how you were lining things up.

If I did--I give you permission to slap me--then let your lil boy slap me :haha:

Heck--I would slap myself :haha:

Oh and the neighbor said he would also slap me :redneck:

Better be sure that there's lot's of head and shoulder room. He's going to be bigger than me!

Ok I have been poking along on the cage and this thing has been a tough one but fun---love a good challenge.

But here is how it sits now--and remember there is more tube to come..

gmb96.jpg

gmb97.jpg

Here is the A-pillar diving onto the new under body support...

gmb98.jpg

The B-pillar was the tough one. It took some work to get the holes thru the tub just right and with where the underbody support sat--the b-pillar had to dive a couple degrees once it went thru the tub. But after alot of notching and figuring I was able to get what I wanted. I also wanted it to hit the main a-c bar right where I had an 8 degree bend--so it was tricky.

gmb99.jpg

The bottom lip of the floor had to be notched along with the hole in the fenderwell..

gmb100.jpg

One thing I pre-planned was how the C-pillar turned out. Due to how the A-C pillar was bent---I had to cut it and then make downbars/sleeve the tubing which turned out perfect. I also platted the frame where the C-pillar dove into the frame..

gmb101.jpg

gmb102.jpg

I have already planned cross supporting to help strengthen the C-pillar---as it stands alone it really isn't that strong....

I chose to bend the dash bar forward--to help with room----As it sits now I might move it once the steering column/seats are figured out. But there is just enough room to get to the windshield latches..

gmb103.jpg

gmb104.jpg

A pic from the front. Its funny how the angle of the camera came make something look unlevel,lol....

gmb105.jpg

There is just enough room to rotate the soft top supports from the laying down position to the upright position....

gmb106.jpg

Looks good mike but those A pillars are going to be hard on the knees getting in and out. Question.... I see a lot of cages nowadays bent front to back instead of the older hoop style (side to side) is there a reason for this ?

Looks good mike but those A pillars are going to be hard on the knees getting in and out. Question.... I see a lot of cages nowadays bent front to back instead of the older hoop style (side to side) is there a reason for this ?

Unfortunately there was no other way to do the A-pillars--without doing a steep bend in them--and I refuse to do so---on the A or b-pillars.. I would have liked to run the A-pillar forward--but when the windshield is up--it will make sense as to why they are there. But basicly I had thought the same thing but--there was no option with how this rig is....

The reason for the style I have done(and one I prefer but tougher to do)--is transformation from A-C pillar--its a smooth surface from end to end---lets you slid down things alot better(like a tree)

Unfortunately there was no other way to do the A-pillars--without doing a steep bend in them--and I refuse to do so---on the A or b-pillars.. I would have liked to run the A-pillar forward--but when the windshield is up--it will make sense as to why they are there. But basicly I had thought the same thing but--there was no option with how this rig is....

The reason for the style I have done(and one I prefer but tougher to do)--is transformation from A-C pillar--its a smooth surface from end to end---lets you slid down things alot better(like a tree)

The sliding makes sense. It always seemed to me that the side to side would be stronger in a sideways roll just due to the natrual shape of a hoop. However the more square idea might just stop you from rolling and just flopping:eeek:

The sliding makes sense. It always seemed to me that the side to side would be stronger in a sideways roll just due to the natrual shape of a hoop. However the more square idea might just stop you from rolling and just flopping:eeek:

Weather its a rounded edge--or a cooped(sp) joint the force pushed thru either is the same--its still jointed section of tube--and in my head I picture both items doing the exact same thing. Plus the A-A hoops just look ugly to me...

Here is the fuel tank that was in the rig.

gmb107.jpg

I looked it over and its not a bad unit. Dale had a new tank in the load of parts--but it was an OEM under the seat style--which will not work...

Here is the other choise of a fuel cell that I have used in the past on jeeps and had good luck with.

If that fuel cell picture above will work, let's stay with it. I can put that money to other cool stuff.

I was hoping that the additional small tank could be used as a second tank.

I'll have to wear knee pads... I mean JACKSON will have to wear knee pads LOL!

He's going to be bigger than me, we're going to have to position seats all the way back!

Can you add a lateral slider on to this?

gmb88.jpg

Do you recall the sliders on my 4Runner?

Yeah, brining a second tube out to the side with a kick out right in front of the rear wheel. It'd serve as a step as well. It's quite a hop up to get in that thing!

Latest posts