• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

I like the resivoir mount, but isn't there a possibility of the fittings working loose from engine torque due to the short length of hose?

Getting very excited watching the finishing touches.

Looks like Jackson and I will get to the rest of the project fairly soon!

We're going to strip the drivetrain off, do some body work to get rid of some rust spots, replace the windshield frame. Then we're going to get everything painted one color and probably put a bed liner type of finish material on it. I might throw a marine type sound system in it.

Mike, it will still be coming back for a visit after that for you to finish all the wiring and plumbing work.

Mike, did I bring you a York air compressor, to see if you could find a place to fit it on?

Ya we had talked about a york some time ago (can't remember if ya brought it up at one time) but we came to the conclusion it simply wasn't going to fit..

I pushing for VERY VERY soon dale--I aint stopping till its ready..

I like the resivoir mount, but isn't there a possibility of the fittings working loose from engine torque due to the short length of hose?

I actually thought of that(it did pop in my head) and I am not sure. But I did look it over for doing the hose in a U type bend that will eliminate that. For now it should be ok(revisit it once its all plumbed)..

Looking good Mike. It's good to know there are projects out there that are taking as long as my project. I do love the flat fenders. :awesomework:

Looking good Mike. It's good to know there are projects out there that are taking as long as my project. I do love the flat fenders. :awesomework:

Dang--I thought you moved to a 3rd world country :redneck:

Glad to see ya. I ask bill how you are doing from time to time....

Got the new base made up.

gmb305.jpg

Bent up the support tube.

gmb306.jpg

Got the new battery mount finished. I just have to cope the center tube and its ready to weld in..

gmb307.jpg

gmb308.jpg

I hope your talking about the inside of the tub. Bedliner on the outside is ridiculous. :mad:

I haven't decided for sure yet. The bedliner type finishes are durable, come in a variety of colors and are a lot nicer than they used to be.

I am not referring to matte black for the outside.

I haven't decided for sure yet. The bedliner type finishes are durable, come in a variety of colors and are a lot nicer than they used to be.

I am not referring to matte black for the outside.

Why not? but i would advise against anywhere that you are going to be touching....bed liners are good at scratching your knuckles :awesomework:

I take no responsibility for the 5000 zip ties Bill uses on his rig. He might find a 36" ziptie on his driveshafts one day..... :fawkdancesmiley:

I feel ya brotha from another Mother!!!! but it's all temp!!:redneck::beer:

Zip ties/Panduits hold the world together!!!!!:awesomework::beer:

Know somebody that can bed line and has some powder coat that he does..that dries like tead material!!!!!:awesomework:

Last edited:
I will have a clutch master/slave here later today so I can dig into that.

I also have an idea of an electric fan to use---same setup as I run on my toy. Dale do you want a part number on that to order one? It doesn't have to be done now since its only a matter of drilling some holes in the rad when the time comes to mount it(puller)...

So Dale had dropped this off..

gmb311.jpg

Its an 8k but has like a 12k drum on it. He had wanted to have it put on the rear. I spent a bunch of time this morning inspecting the back of the rig.

Without a ton of work into the back of the rig that winch in a BAD idea. It will tear the crap out of that little jeep. I can mount it to the back bumper but I can guarantee its going to bend the frame/rip that bumper off.....

The back will handle some tugging with a strap but with hard dead pulls---ya bend/tweek/crack...

Cant tie it into the cage and frame with out sacrificing strength?

Not really unless you wanna pull from the upper portion of the cage. Everything down low won't support the extensive pulling forces you will get from the winch.

The correct way IMO would be to fully box the back part of the frame and run cross braces from the frame at the cage mounting points and put the winch down under the rig and then run the cable thru the rear bumper.

I went ahead and got the hydro stuff plumbed. I need to get some more 5/8 material and redo the hose from the res to the pump..

But another thing scratched off the list...

gmb312.jpg

gmb-313.jpg

gmb-314.jpg

gmb-315.jpg

I will have a clutch master/slave here later today so I can dig into that.

I also have an idea of an electric fan to use---same setup as I run on my toy. Dale do you want a part number on that to order one? It doesn't have to be done now since its only a matter of drilling some holes in the rad when the time comes to mount it(puller)...

Mike, I already ordered and sent you the clutch parts I thought...

Go ahead and send the part number on the fan. I'll direct ship it to you.