• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Looking good! I'm digging the cage, wish I could make toob do my will like that, lol.

PS that SPAL fan came in the mail the other day... and... holy chit.... it moves so much air it's silly. I think I've probably solved my cooling issues. :redneck:

Looking good! I'm digging the cage, wish I could make toob do my will like that, lol.

PS that SPAL fan came in the mail the other day... and... holy chit.... it moves so much air it's silly. I think I've probably solved my cooling issues. :redneck:

:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

Ya it does..

I had a good look at everythhing today.

I ordered the new windshield frame. That hurt...

Mike, the pedals are going to have to be modified. They are going to have to be much closer to the floor/farther from the seat. The front seats are so close for us big guys (yes that includes Jackson) that the pedals are too closed. I'm not sure how much throw is needed for the pedals to function properly but I'm going to suggest that the closer to the floor and farther away from seat that they can get, the better.

I am pretty sure that I am going to put the nice fiberglass, picklefork hood on.

As far as the front lights go. I am leaning to toward following the diamond plate theme on the rig. I can diamond plate the outside of the grill and them cut out holes for lights and signals.

Since the old tool storage boxes are so rotted out and the cage goes right through them, I think I'll do the same diamond plate on top of those boxes and just close them up.

They can be re-worked. One big down fall of that rig is how short the darn thing is and how shallow the foot area is. I don't know how those military folks drove those things as often as they did back in the day.

Make it shiney.......

Electronics

Mike, I think you might find some of my choices for the electronics to be "interesting"...
I think I'm going a little futuristic on that end to contrast the historic era of the vehicle.

As I am looking through all that I need, I have to remember that I want this to be street legal (minus the steering which I don't think anyone will call me on), so that Jackson can drive it on the road.

We don't have a key of any sort, headlight switches, directions signals,

I think that I am going to plate right over the existing flat dash panel, with flat aluminum to give a clean start. There are so many holes in that dash, of various sizes that I think trying to fill those holes is just a waste of time and energy.

I think some cool LEDs are also in store for brake lights etc.

Mike, I think you might find some of my choices for the electronics to be "interesting"...
I think I'm going a little futuristic on that end to contrast the historic era of the vehicle.

As I am looking through all that I need, I have to remember that I want this to be street legal (minus the steering which I don't think anyone will call me on), so that Jackson can drive it on the road.

We don't have a key of any sort, headlight switches, directions signals,

I think that I am going to plate right over the existing flat dash panel, with flat aluminum to give a clean start. There are so many holes in that dash, of various sizes that I think trying to fill those holes is just a waste of time and energy.

I think some cool LEDs are also in store for brake lights etc.

Doooooo it :redneck:

It will be a lil work to make things work properly but I am willing to bet I can figure it out :awesomework:

Last edited:
looks cool... but aren't you worried about water messing with it all??

Yep!

I sent some info requests to the vendor to see if they have an enclosure for it. I'm sure that we could find some way to treat the circuit board to water proof it.

When Don in our club(Gr8wing on here) rebuilt/repainted his dash on his 59 CJ-willy's, he went with all digital gauges (in blue), and they're all still working fine after 2+yrs! They look awesome---I do not, however, know if he did anything to waterproof them. Maybe they already are (the one he bought).......

When Don in our club(Gr8wing on here) rebuilt/repainted his dash on his 59 CJ-willy's, he went with all digital gauges (in blue), and they're all still working fine after 2+yrs! They look awesome---I do not, however, know if he did anything to waterproof them. Maybe they already are (the one he bought).......

One thing that I really like about this product, beside the fact that it looks cool, is that it comes with all the sensors for universal use.

Yep!

I sent some info requests to the vendor to see if they have an enclosure for it. I'm sure that we could find some way to treat the circuit board to water proof it.

you could probably easily enough 'inset it' into the dash in like a box enclosure with a waterproof bulkhead connector for the electrical and then something simple like a lexan cover screwed down on top with a rubber seal around it...

that might work...

it is something i had thought about a few times in the past on some projects.

that was about the best way i thought of for element resisting it..

:D

I like the old style gauges in the flatties, the digital always looks out of place. These are also easily calibrated, as I am sure the digital ones are.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3382&sid=14
And I think a little easier to bore round holes than sculpt something for the other style.

The digitals I've seen are actually 2" rounds housings with a digital center...Done right, I like 'em in the old stuff...

I like the old style gauges in the flatties, the digital always looks out of place. These are also easily calibrated, as I am sure the digital ones are.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=3382&sid=14
And I think a little easier to bore round holes than sculpt something for the other style.
Essentially, that's the kit in my TJ (with both Tach & Speedo). I also got an extra guage for the Trans Temp but it's mounted seperately. Had a buddy cut the 'cluster' on his waterjet, then mounted the bracket inside the OEM plastic.

So, we are tinkering away. Jackson and I finally chose a color scheme and picked up some paint.

The new windshield frame should be in on Friday. We'll be using the fiberglass pickle fork hood that I have as well.

I have been having fun looking at the little stuff that we don't think about, since I do want this to be road worthy.

Turn signals, ignition switches, guages, all lighting including the switches, horns... There is still a TON to do. I am going to need a 4th job to pay for all the stuff!